• Mental torture by husband

My daughter B.Tech/PO in bank was married on Feb. 2014 at Kanpur with a Manager Aeon Hewitt. They are living together at Rohini Delhi . Husband is not spending any money for last two year for house expense.House rent/Electricity bill/purchasing of New Fridge/New HD TV/AC/Domestic expenses were paying by daughter forcefully from husband at Rohini Delhi. Daughter'father in-law is a lawyer at home place Kanpur . Father in-law/Mother in-law/Brother in-law are supporting/misguiding to their son/brother for torchering. There was a theft at home on June 2016 which was planned by son in-law.Purposely he kept out to female servant with allegation of theft and not deployed any other servant considering that after duty wife will do domestic work .My daughter is pregnant . Son in-law is also having sexual relation with many Girls. He admitted many times to daughter & threatened to daughter for not leaving his ladies lover . He also not care for daughter's pregnant . Daughter's Father in-law had also threat for forcefully divers one year ago but any how that time he was convinced from us for not to do so. Your honor is requested to advise me to save my daughter's life . Also we do not want to left son in-law from my daughter considering happy family life . Other side if son in-law is not improving himself then what to do by us for peaceful life of daughter as well as my family . I am doing private job at Jorhat ASSAM. My family other members are living at Kanpur in rent. Please help by suggesting us for peaceful life . my hole family is having more tension . I am very week in finance of view.
Asked 1 year ago in Family Law from Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh
Religion: Hindu
This is more a personal marital discord than a legal dispute.
Since the marriage does not seem to be working , ask your daughter about her plan in contnuing this marriage.
If she is serious to work this marriage out then you have to negotiate with them and convince to patch up among themselves.
If she has decided otherwise the she can file case u/s 498A ipc and case under PWDV Act.
Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
12577 Answers
162 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

you should take protection order from the court by filing a case under domestic violence act. protection of life your daughter is the priority at this time. domestic violence act provides many relieves like protection from cruelty, separate residence in one portion of the same house, financial relief etc. 

you should contact a protection officer of the district and file a case through him,
Shivendra Pratap Singh
Advocate, Lucknow
4989 Answers
78 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

in this type of case ultimately the lady is to decide about her future. there are many relief in law but which will be fit for her and her future prospect shall be decided by that lady alone. DV Act will protect her at the primery stage of the crisis. 
Shivendra Pratap Singh
Advocate, Lucknow
4989 Answers
78 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

1. It appears that the marriage of your daughter with her husband did not gel well,

2. Your daughter  shall have to decide as to what does she want to do with this type of relationship with her husband,

3. since your daughter is highly educated and well employed, she is not constrained to lead this type of tortured life,

4. No law can force the husband or wife to change if they does not want to,

5. So, if your daughter wants to terminate the matrimonial relationship, she should keep collecting  evidence of the torture of her husband and finally file a divorce suit on the ground of cruelty claiming adequate compensation from her husband for ruining her life.
Krishna Kishore Ganguly
Advocate, Kolkata
18164 Answers
439 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Your daughter shoukd file 498Accase against husband and in laws fur coming pis acts of cruelty 

2) she can also file DV case against husband and seek protection order , compensation for mental torture undergone by her 

3) she can also file for divorce against husband on grounds of mental cruelty 
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
44485 Answers
2586 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You can bring your daughter to your home, take care of medical issues and the delivery of baby.

Your daughter should not suffer at this stage, she can be with you atleast till the delivery is over, if not you people plan to shift to Delhi and take care of her from the nearby place.

If the tortures are beyond tolerance then she may be advised to lodge a police complaint agaisnt him 

But after that the relationship between them will sour after that and she may have to forego  all her privileges and may even lose her existing relationship. 
T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
34622 Answers
373 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

It is your daughter who has to act. She can file for dissolution of her marriage on the ground of cruelty apart from claiming maintenance under 125 CrPC, whereas if she wants to continue her marriage then she may file a DV case against her husband and in-laws to restrain them from subjecting her to further acts of domestic violence.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22966 Answers
631 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer