• How to get speedy justice from Delhi High Court

I have filed a writ in Nov 2008 while I was in Service in IIT Delhi against awarded unjustified promotion to me in 1996 without giving suitable post post and pay scale according to  my hierarchy of the post.  Now Whenever I am requesting to the Hon'ble High Court through CM early hearing, my appeals were turned down by the Hon'ble Judge with the order "as time did not permit to hear my case" due to long pending cases in this court. I retired from service also on 30-09-2013 after 60 years age.

Kindly advise me according to Law.

Asked 4 years ago in Civil Law from Delhi, Delhi
judicial process takes time on account of huge backlog of cases . generally it takes around 15 years for writs to be disposed of . if you are senior citizen you can make an application to Chief Justice of Delhi high court for expediting final hearing of your case. High court may concede your request and expedite final hearing of your writ petition
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
46709 Answers
2763 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

if you want the case to be disposed off quickly, then file a memo for early hearing by stating the reasons. the Court may consider the same and take up your case early
Ananth Kumar
Advocate, Bangalore
122 Answers
61 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

The way in which you approaching  the court is not right....contact your advocate and approach in a right manner.

Pradeep Bharathipura
Advocate, Bangalore
4561 Answers
204 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

For senior citizens courts are considerate,file application for early hearings but due course of court has to be followed.Pl note even if you find your justice after long your claim will not fade.
Anil Gupta
Advocate, New Delhi
180 Answers
41 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

Delay has become an integral part of the Indian judicial system due to the humongous pendency of cases and acute shortage of judges. The disposal of the case is going to take time. It is true that the courts have made rules to hear the cases of senior citizens on a fast track basis but it also needs to be pointed out that if one case is fast tracked then as a corollary thereto 100 cases are slow tracked. Hence, the delay is understandable.

Don't go on filing CMs as by doing so you are getting on the nerve of the judge which may eventually backfire. Be patient as the final hearing is going to take place sooner or later. Alternatively, in order to remedy the delay you may approach the Delhi High Court in accordance with the law.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
23120 Answers
640 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer