• Passport Police Verification Adverse

Dear Sir,
I had applied for re-issue of passport since there was a change of address from my old passport. However, please note that I had just shifted from one house to another in the same mohalla. 

I received a new passport within 7 days but now I have received an SMS saying that police verification for the current address is adverse. 

The police had called me to the station for verification where I had submitted my proof of residence in the form of electricity bills for my current address. 

When I contacted the officer who conducted the enquiry he said that there is nothing to worry & since there were 2 files (one from old address & one from new address) & I have been staying in the current residence for less than an year, the passport office has given the adverse the status & the same will get cleared automatically without me doing anything. 

Kindly advise if I need to visit RPO to clear the adverse report. I had changed address on passport previously but this is the first time I'm encountering this monster called "adverse police report for current address" 

Kindly advice if this needs to be taken up with RPO or the same will get resolved automatically & status cleared as the policeman said. What will happen if I do not take any initiative to clear the status
Asked 1 year ago in Civil Law from Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh
you can submit application for re verification by regd post  to the RPO explaining why police submitted an adverse report.

2) If the RPO finds your reply satisfactory, your letter would be treated as a request to reinitiate the police verification process. 

3) Track the delivery. The status would change to 'verification in progress' from 'adverse report'

4) You could track the status of your case online through your file number.
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
45456 Answers
2670 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

File fresh application for police verification and after that contact the incharge of Police station regarding your report, if you will be avaliable at the time of verification then positive report can be filed by the police before passport officer.

Feel Free to Call
Nadeem Qureshi
Advocate, New Delhi
4856 Answers
221 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

Visit the RPO to know what would be the status of the adverse report. If you gave the residential proof of your new address the report cannot be adverse. If it is not cleared then you may avail your legal remedy of challenging the adverse report before the HC.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22977 Answers
634 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

If you have received notice from passport office in this regard, you may have to clarify the observations made by them by producing the substantial evidence to lear the cloud on the subject. 

You visit the passport office who will guide on what is to be done next on this issue. 
T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
35621 Answers
386 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer