Tamil Nadu Societies Registration Act
We are an association of Flat Owners Registered under Tamilnadu Societies Registration Act. The Act provides that AGM shall be held within 6 months of closure of financial year. One of the agenda for AGM as provided in bye laws is conduct of elections.
Managing Committee consists of Representatives of each block (total 14 blocks) who in turn elect the office bearers. The term of the committee is two years. Present committee was elected in April 13. Next AGM was held on 20th Sep 14 . When does the term of the present committee come to an end , 5th April 15 or on election of new committee.
Is it right in the present committee continuing in office till next AGM which is supposed to be held before end SEptember 15.
Asked in Civil Law from Chennai, Tamil Nadu
1) the term of present managing committee would end on expiry of 2 years from date of election
2) they can continue as office bearers but not take any major decisions
3) the election should be held before the term of managing committee expires
The term of the committee came to end on 5th April 2015, but it should remain in office until the new committee takes over after being elected.
1. The Managing Committee was elected or selected?
2. However, the Managing Committee was formed on 13.4.2013 or a period of 2 years,
3. The term of the said committe ends on 12.4.2015.
Hi, the term of the office bearer come to an end immediately after completion of two years and not based on Annual General Meeting.
In a special meeting the agenda for the next AGM to be drafted, discussed resolution to be passed accordingly. In that a resolution is to be passed for extending the term of the present committee till the next election to be held simultaneously along with the next AGM proposed to be held shortly on the date fixed and agreed by the majority of member attending the present special meeting.,
The above will ensure free and fair election as well as ensuring the association following the law strictly as per the provisions envisaged for it.