• How to take back my 12th or PU Transfer Certificate?

Respected sir/madam, 

I am T S Ponnanna. I joined B.Com course in CMR Institute of Management Studies (Autonomous) located in Banaswadi. The batch which I studied is 2010-2013. Due to back logs I had to write supply exam till now.  Yesterday I had taken a decision to discontinue from B.Com from that college. I asked them as to how to take back my 12th or  PU Transfer Certificate. The college administration department told me that when I join other college only, they will issue my transfer certificate to other college. I paid the complete semester fees.

 According to Law, Can the college withhold my Transfer Certificate? In case if i am not joining any undergraduate course, will the college give me back my Transfer Certificate. Request you to help me out.

Guide me out with your suggestions.

Asked 1 year ago in Constitutional Law from Bangalore, Karnataka
Transfer certificate is certificate issued for transferring admission to  another college 

2) college cannot refuse to give you TC if you are joining another college

3) if you are not joining another college you don't need transfer certificate 
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
45696 Answers
2688 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Dear Sir/Madam, college administration/management has taken correct decision, when you will join another college automatically they have transferred your transfer certificate to that college through official. If you have not join any college at that time that Transfer Certificate does not arise to give you because of transfer certificate itself disclose that meaning that certificate will give or transfer only at the time of admission at the another college. Even you want Transfer Certificate that have issue a Leaving Certificate to you instead of Transfer Certificate. Leaving Certificate is disclosed that you are leaving the college. It is procedural law. 
C. V. Jadhav
Advocate, Bangalore
392 Answers
15 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

N,they can not withhold the the TC. 
Inform the VC about this thing.
Even if you do not get the certificate then file a writ petition in high court.
Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
12880 Answers
166 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

The transfer certificate is ordinarily issued to the transferee educational institute. It is not given to the student. So the institute is right.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22977 Answers
634 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

If you have already joined a degree college after submitting PU transfer certificate, then you will now get the transfer certificate from tht college authorities only.

 You PU certificate is not valid anymore since you have already submitted another educational institute.

If you want to get TC  from that college, you can mention the reason for which you seek transfer, if they dont entertain you properly then you may resort to legal action as envisaged in the law
T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
35867 Answers
390 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer