• Can I join in SSC job after resigning from bank job

Sir, I am an Ex-servicemen who have retired on 31 dec 2014. Before retirement I have started to give many competitive exams so that I can get any govt job after retirement. Firstly I have applied for ssc chsl 2014 in the month of july 2014 and gave its first exam in oct 2014. Then I have applied for state bank associate banks exam in the month of nov 2014 and gave the exam in feb 2015. Then I gave ssc chsl second exam in apr or may 2015 and third typing test in august 2015. due to the early declaration of bank result I have joined in the bank in the month of nov 2015. But now I got ssc chsl 2014 job in the month of may 2016 but still waits for joining order.
sir, now I like to join in the ssc job after resigning from bank job. Can I join in it ?. will there be any problem in future? Please give suggestion.
Asked 4 months ago in Labour from Bangalore, Karnataka
No, there is no problems for joining SSC, after resignation from bank job as per terms and conditions of your appointment letter.

you have  already joined the bank in Nov 2015 after clearing the bank exams under the ex service man quota 

2) if you resign from bank you would not be able to claim benefit of ex service man quota for joining the ssc chsl job

3) ex service man who have claimed benefit of reservation  for ex serviceman for bank will not be able top claim benefits of reservation for subsequent job 
It is our own choice to continue with the bank job or resign and join the SSC job for which you had applied even before getting emloyment offer from Bank.

In my opinion, it is your own decision and right to work at a place of your choice.

Since you dont need the experience certificate from Bank, you may tender your resignation by observing the notice period formalities and whether you get a relieving leter or not you may join the SSC because you had applied for this job even before joining Bank hence NOC from bank may not be necessary.

You have to ensure your pay protection and other privileges that are available to ex servicemen are not being denied to you by the present employer quoting that you have already availed the said privilege, because you are still entitled to the said privileges  as you have been employed under the quota reserved for ex servicemen.
If the bank decides to relieve you then you can jolly well join SSC. Apply to the bank for being relieved in accordance with the contract and existing rules. You cannot join SSC unless you are relieved by the bank.
it was clarified that the instructions of 02.05.1985 shall not apply to those ex-servicemen who have been re-employed or are re-employed by private companies/autonomous bodies/ public sector undertakings/ government offices on casual/contract/temporary ad-hoc basis and who can be removed from such service at any time by their employer concerned.

The above clause would come handy to you in the event of any question about your joining the new employment leaving the present bank job. 
Since you are a temporary employee now and await confirmation only on completion of certain period called probation, you can fight it on the basis of 'temporary employee' hence reserving the right to resign in the event of any litigation in future in this regard, which is unlikely.

However the conditions stipulated in clause 3 are the matter of concern and should be interpreted properly before court during an argument in a  litigation in this connection.

Further the conditions in the clause No. 4 which is given below are some respite to you, provided you had followed the same scrupulously:

""However, to avail of this benefit, an ex-serviceman as soon as he/she joins any civil employment, should give self-declaration/undertaking to the concerned employer about the date-wise details of application for various vacancies for which he/she had applied for before joining the initial civil employment. Further, this benefit wou’d be available only in respect of vacancies which are filled on direct recruitment and wherever reservation is applicable to the ex-servicemen.""

In any case if you do not want to risk then better continue with the present employment itself.

In my opinion, both the employment are prestigious and are of high standard, so decide about it judiciously. 
clause 3 of the office memorandum makes it clear  An ex-serviceman at the time of his release or discharge from the armed forces normally applies for more than one vacancy, but in case he/she joins any civil employment due to early declaration of results/selection, he/she is ,not entitled for the benefit of reservation for ex-servicemen for subsequent employment.

2) you cannot claim benefit of reservation as ex serviceman for subseqent employment unless you have given declaration/undertaking to the concerned employer about the date-wise details of application for various vacancies for which he/she had applied for before joining the initial civil employment