• Buying of agricultural land in Karnataka

Greetings,
I was previously working in Middle East and last year returned to India permanently. Since then I am unemployed and looking to take up agriculture I want to buy agricultural land in Karnataka.
Currently, I don't own any agriculture land, however, my grandfather was a farmer and owned agriculture land in Kerala since 1958.  My father had inherited part of my grandfather’s property which he later gave it away as a gift to his younger brother. 
Considering the above and the following factors, am I eligible to agricultural land in Karnataka:
1. Neither me nor my father is holding any agricultural land in India at the moment
2. I am currently unemployed since my return from working in Middle East last year, my current status is a resident Indian and not NRE
3. My current income is rental income which is around 19,500 per month (around 2.4 lakhs annually)
4. Main source of funds to buy agricultural land will be from my savings of working in Middle East, if additional funds are required then will take loan from friends/relatives
5. If with the above conditions I am not able to buy land in Karnataka can I buy agricultural land in Tamilnadu.

Guidance is highly appreciated.
Asked 8 months ago in Property Law from Bangalore, Karnataka
1) since your annual income is only Rs 2.40 lakhs per year you cna buy agricultural land in Karnataka 

2) since you are non agriculturist you would need permission  under section 80 of karnatka land reform act  from deputy commissioner of district wherein agricultural land is situated 
Hi, if your annual income is less than 25 lacks per year then you can buy a agricultural land in Karnataka.
If you have proof to prove that your father was an agriculturist then you will become an agriculturist and eligible to purchase agricultural land.

As per the latest ruling in Karnataka an outsider can purchase agricultural land in Karnataka with an income upto Rs. 25 lakhs. 

The conditions what you have stated about you enables you to purchase agricultural land in Karnataka as well as in Tamilnadu too. 
You can buy agriculture land at any where in India and there is no bar to purchase agriculture land in India,but, subject to local Land Acquisition  Acts and Rules applicable. No source of income will asked or to be reveled at the time of purchasing any agricultural land but the sale consideration amount should be reflected in IT returns either prior or after purchase. generally all the governments and local bodies will encourage for purchaser and  duing agriculture and there are lot of benefits proving.  so you can purchase agriculture land at Karnataka or/and Tamilnadu