• Wife cheated me

My wife is staying separately on rented accommodation alone. She is asking for divorce but I am not in favor of giving divorce. She has extra marital affair. Please let me know whether I can bring her into my life legally? I tried to talk to her but she's not agreeing to come home. Can I take any action against that paramour and my wife?
Asked 4 years ago in Family Law from Mumbai, Maharashtra
Religion: Hindu
if u have proof of this relationship u can file a case of adultry against that paramour under 497 IPC. U can also file case under section 9 of H M Act for RCR. against your wife.
Avdhesh Chaudhary
Advocate, Greater Noida
565 Answers
20 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

if your wife is not interested in staying with you then best option is to go for divorce by mutual consent . you cant force your wife to stay with you . even if you file for RCR and obtain a decree in your favour your wife may refuse to stay with you . 
if you file for RCR as a counter your wife may file case of DV , 498A against you and your family members  you will be spending more money on legal fees and running around courts . 

if you want to take action against her paramour you can file case of adultery against him under section 497 of IPC . however please note that your wife wont be convicted under this section as an abettor .
 contact a local lawyer
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
46709 Answers
2763 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

If something does not belong to you why you think about it. Go for mutual and enjoy remaining life.

Anil Gupta
Anil Gupta
Advocate, New Delhi
180 Answers
41 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

Agree with Mr. Sethi
Nadeem Qureshi
Advocate, New Delhi
4875 Answers
226 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer