• Life threatening by neighbour

Hi, While parking my bike in my apartment parking area I noticed one of my neighbor was drinking alcohol along with one more person in the given parking space very socially. When I question him he literally abused me and said he will do whatever he wants to. I warned him not to do this in the public places, he then gave me a life threatening statement like " go away or you will not be alive". After hearing this my wife got really scared and pulled me out of that scene and dragged me to my flat. Now she is really worried and feels insecure. Please advise.
Asked 2 years ago in Criminal Law from Chennai, Tamil Nadu
Religion: Hindu
1) you can file police complaint against your  neighbour for criminal intimidation under section 506 of IPC 

2) also raise issue with the society that your neighbour was drinking in parking area in the society premises 

3) lodge written complaint with the secretary in this regard 
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
46850 Answers
2771 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

you should file an complaint/FIR for the offence punishable under 504/506 IPC. you just file such complaint/fir and no need to pursue it because it is made view to bring the indecent in the notice of court and if that person initiates any proceeding it will protect you i.e. his complaint is antedate. 
Shivendra Pratap Singh
Advocate, Lucknow
5066 Answers
78 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

Well, though the treat seems to be empty one , it is wise to bring this to the notice of the police.
Immediately lodge a complaint with local Police and seek a preventive action including stopping then in binging in your locality in future.
If local police does not cooperate you may consider meeting the higher officials including moving into court.
Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
13167 Answers
175 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Go to the nearest police station to file a complaint for criminal intimidation against him under section 506 IPC. It carries an imprisonment of up to 3 years.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
23170 Answers
641 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

If the incidence is a real nuisance and those people do not belong to the apartments premises, you may first complain this matter to the president and secretary of the apartment.

Drinking in a public place and creating nuisance to everyone around  is an anti-social activity punishable under criminal law for intimidation offences. 

If the association is not taking any action, then you may move the local police station with the complaint about this and seek protection from such anti social elements.
T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
36997 Answers
403 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer