• Mutation

My mother expired on 30 jul 2016. She was owning a house in Lucknow. She has left a will which gives equal share to the four siblings ( 3 brothers and one sister). Please advise the procedure to be adopted for transferring the property in the name four siblings.
Asked 1 year ago in Property Law from Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
Religion: Sikh
Apply for mutation of property in name of the beneficiaries of will 

2) enclose mother death certificate 

3) copy of mother will 

4) notice would be issued by the authorities to all legal heirs 

5) if no objection received mutation would be done in name  of legal heirs 
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
44265 Answers
2570 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

File an application for mutation in the office of tehsildar through a local lawyer. It should ordinarily take about a week for mutation to be sanctioned if you annex her death certificate and documents which prove your relationship with her apart from a copy of the will.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22966 Answers
631 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

execute a family settlement deed which should be registered and get the mutation.
Nadeem Qureshi
Advocate, New Delhi
4793 Answers
219 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

Mutation is the recording of a transfer of title of a property from one person to another in the revenue records. The documentation procedure to be followed and the fee payable vary from State to State. The mutation in the municipal records is for the purpose of payment of property tax, and it does not mean a legal title for the person in whose name the property has been mutated in the municipal records
.Details to be furnished with application:

>> Area in which the right has been acquired

>> Description of the right acquired

>> Name, parent's name, and address of the person from whom the right has been acquired

>> Manner in which the right has been acquired

>> Name, parent's name, and address of the person who has acquired the right

>> Date on which the right was acquired

>> Copy of document on the basis of which the mutation is sought - sale deed, Will etc

A proclamation is issued inviting objections to the proposed mutation and specifying the date, not less than 15 days from the date of the proclamation, up to which any objection to the mutation will be entertained. The Patwari submits his report in the prescribed format. The statements of the parties are recorded. The contents of the documents are matched with the recorded statements. In case no objections against the proposed mutation are received, it is sanctioned.
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
44265 Answers
2570 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

All the legal heirs/beneficiaries of the Will of your mother can submit a joint application to the Tahsildar/land Revenue department for transferring the revenue records on the joint names of the beneficiaries as per the bequest made in the will.
After getting the revenue records mutated on your names, you can can apply for other transfers as well, or can even prepare partition deed among yourselves partitioning the properties s per the will. 
T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
34425 Answers
370 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer