• How to make my self and parents safe from fake dowry allegations

I am Deepak Parmar staying in Pune, got engaged to girl Krishna Chauhan who is from Dombivali, Mumbai in July 2015.
during engagement period i got proof that she was having affair with other guyz to whom she use to send her semi nude pics and lured chats, i checked this on whatsapp on her cell.
due to this incident there was huge fight between us and by mistakenly i slapped her.
Also they found on their laptop that i use watch porn and was searching for prostitution options on net. also i had abused her on whatsapp. And things became more worst due to this 
and we all decided to cancel the marriage just before 1 wk.
It was mutual decision taken by both families to cancel the wedding. 

But after this incident we both again came in to touch and decided to get married.
We ran away and got married but she kept condition that i should not keep any relation with my real sister than only she will marry to me, to which i agreed as well.
Now after marriage she is asking me not to keep any relation with my mom and also not allowing me to talk to her. Also she keeps abusing my mom badly.
Her father keeps threatening me about police commissioner and police case and all.
My wife she keeps threatening me that she will file fake case against my mom and me and will put us behind the bars. 
After getting married i haven't beaten her nor i have abused her.
i have a 2BHK flat for which down payment was done by my parents and i am paying the loan.
Please let me know what should be done in this case. 
I want to make my family and my self safe out of this.
I have call recording in which she is saying all this stuff.
Please advice.
Asked 1 year ago in Family Law from Pune, Maharashtra
Religion: Hindu
1) you should sell the flat or gift the flat to your parents 

2) if you keep flat in your name your wife will seek right to stay in said matrimonial home and also seek injunction restraining you from selling the flat 

3) call recordings are admissible in evidence 

4) in case wife files false 498A case obtain AB from sessions court 

5) no DV case is maintainable against your parents as there is no shared household . You have been staying separate with your wife hence DV is not maintainable against parents , sister 

6) contact a local lawyer 
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
45435 Answers
2669 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Dont go for direct action. Safe urself frst.
Transfer the property which is in ur name to ur mon name if u trust ur mother.
Record all the incident everysingleincident nd click photos. 
Be innocent in the society and try to make some good neighbours.
U have to simply act showing that ur wife and her father will beat u till death. Abet them to shout on u when there r neighbours present. 
Instigate ur wife to go for work. It is gonna save ur money.
Hire me as ur lawyer
Shivam Sood
Advocate, Ludhiana
93 Answers
1 Consultation

4.2 on 5.0

there are no precautionary measures available to totally avoid or skip dowry, domestic violence and maintenance options available to a wife. Husband and his family members have to face, defend and disprove cases. however you can reduce the damage by obtaining sufficient evinced by gathering all  the material available including email printout, whats app screen shots and the facts relating her character and conduct etc.,     
Lakshmi Kanth
Advocate, Hyderabad
404 Answers
13 Consultations

4.7 on 5.0

It was your decision to marry her despite the information that dawned on you prior to marriage. Now if she files criminal complaints against you then apply for anticipatory bail to contest the case on merits. The tendency is to name the in-laws and even distant relatives as accused in the FIR, in which event all the accused should apply for anticipatory bail. The call recordings can be led in evidence by you to prove your innocence. 
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22977 Answers
634 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer