• Breach of contract advertising

We had outdoor adveriting contract with company for 1 month. However 10 days before without informing they removed  marketing hoardig and replaced with other clients. We have email echanged where clearly they apologies also they are misrepresrtomg compa y details by showing 10 people however its run by 2 people. Can we send notice for claim? We have proper invoice photogrpahs
Asked 11 months ago in Business Law from United Arab Emirates
Yes you can can claim damages and ask the compensation .The claim amount is depends up on the recitals in the agreement. Send a legal notice and ask compensation.Here the   wrongful gain is a breach of contract when advertising company have already engaged contract with you 
Ajay N S
Advocate, Ernakulam
2184 Answers
26 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You can issue legal notice to company that as per contract hoarding was to remain for one month but company had removed it in 20 days 

2) on account of breach of contract you can claim damages  from the company 

3) contact a local lawyer 
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
31107 Answers
1706 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Is there is any written agreement or acknowledgement for the advertisement of one year.
If that is so then you can surely send notice for breach of agreement.
The notice is to be sent to the company and to any particulate individual.
However do note that for breach of agreement suit for damage lies for which is to be filed in civil court involving time for final disposal.
Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
8156 Answers
97 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

It is general Law of Contract that a party who commits breach of contract is liable to pay damages to the other party who suffers on account of breach. Sometimes preestimated damages are mentioned in the contract itself. To claim damages you have to file a suit for recovery of damages and prove by necessary evidence that you suffered damages.  You can send a legal notice to the company to pay the damages. 
H. S. Thukral
Advocate, New Delhi
543 Answers
153 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

If the contract has been breached and the conditions have been violated, you certainly have a cause to take action agaisnt them.

You can issue legal notice demanding compensation for their act as per the clauses or conditions of the contract.
Failing to respond or comply with the demand made, you can drag them to the consumer forum too seeking compensation as well as relief for the illegally terminated contract. 
T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
21255 Answers
208 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

 where clearly they apologies also they are mis representing company details by showing 10 people however its run by 2 peop

The email apologies shall be a strong evidence supporting your claim which cannot be refuted by them, hence you may secure them properly.
The representations by 2 people or 10 people is not your concern.  It is the company with which you are going to deal with. 
T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
21255 Answers
208 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. You can claim compensation from the Company for breaching the contract and removing your name and replaced with other client,

2. You can send them legal notice claiming the said compensation,

3. If they fail or neglect to pay you the said demanded compensation, you can file a  damage suit against them for not performing as per the contract causing financial damage to you.
Krishna Kishore Ganguly
Advocate, Kolkata
14449 Answers
328 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You can file a suit for breach of contract to claim damages for the breach committed by it. This apart, you can also file a suit for injunction to restrain it from committing further breach.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
20371 Answers
537 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a Lawyer