• Refund problem

Hi, I wanted to under go hair transplant treatment for which I had paid INR 35000 to arht bangalore, but before the scheduled date of operation, I came across this article  http://www.thenewsminute.com/article/chennai-hair-transplant-tragedy-parents-speak-out-after-son-dies-due-procedure-44491.

This is the same company mentioned in the article, and so I decided not to undergo the procedure there, and asked for the refund, but it has been more than 40 days, and I haven't received my money.
Moreover, the employees at this company are not picking up my phone or replying back to my mail.
Finally, I have decided to sue the company.
Please let me know the path forward.

Harshvardhan Singh
Asked 2 years ago in Criminal Law from Bangalore, Karnataka
Religion: Hindu
1) issue legal notice to company fir refund of your money 

2) if company fails to refund file complaint before consumer forum and seek refund of money paid with interest , litigation costs and compensation for mental torture undergo by you 
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
46678 Answers
2762 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Issue a lawyer's notice to the institute to seek the refund of your money but this is subject to the refund policy of the institute. If the refund is not made even after the legal notice then a suit for recovery of money may be filed against it,
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
23097 Answers
639 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Because the company was not medically authorized to carry out this procedure, death occurred due to which you decided not to proceed with the treatment. The company is liable to refund the amount collected from you on account of this. Since they have failed to refund despite several demands made by you, you will now have to get issued a legal notice to the company, and seek refund together with interest on this amount along with litigation cost as well, termed as compensation for making false promises regarding the treatment.
If after receipt of the legal notice the company still does not refund the amounts and the other demands are not met, then you can approach the consumer court and seek all this from this court. Best of all you do not have to attend to even one single hearing, provided if you engage the services of good consumer advocate to handle this case.
Kiran N. Murthy
Advocate, Bangalore
1010 Answers
91 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

First of all let us know whether you have communicated your decision to cancel the agreement for the proposed  hair transplant treatment/operation in writing and have asked for refund in the same communication.  

Whether you have acknowledgement of proof of such communication.

If not then secure one at the earliest and then issue a legal notice demanding your money back.

After getting no proper response, you plan to sue the company either through consumer forum or through civil court for recovery of money.
T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
36851 Answers
403 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer