• Property name vs house register owner name

My father is died before 8 month ago, my mother and other doesnt know current house is in name of my father or in my grand father name. Now we pay the property tax in the name of my father. if we pay the property tax in father name then the property should register under my father name else there is chance to different in property tax and propery document name?
Asked 7 months ago in Property Law from Dindigul, Tamil Nadu
Hi, Normally Katha of the property reflect in whose name property was registered if you want more clarity you have to apply for Encumbrance Certificate then it will clearly shows whose name property was registered so that you can to pay the tax accordingly.
Mutation certificate is no proof of title and though the same is presumption of title.
However if there is no other claimant of title then you can add your name in the mutation certificate on death of your father and enjoy the proeprty till some one else comes and claims share.
1) if property tax bill is in name of father it would imply that mutation has been done of property in father name 

2) mutation in revenue records is only for payment of property taxes and does not confer title to the person 

3) on father demise apply for mutation of property in your mother and other legal heirs name 
1) on grand father demise grandmother your father and his siblings would be the legal heirs 

2) on receipt of no objection from other legal heirs property would have been transferred in your father name 

3) on father demise apply for transfer of property in name of legal heirs 
You have to take search of the records in sub registrar office and in revenue records to know the correct picture of the property in dispute 
The title to a property flows from the sale deed and not the property tax receipt or any other document. If you do not know who is the original owner of the property then a title search should be conducted in the office of jurisdictional sub-registrar through a local lawyer to trace the title of the property.
If the property was originally purchased by your grandfather then on his intestate demise it devolved equally on all his heirs i.e widow, mother and children. You can then apply for mutation of the property. 

You verify the details from the property title documents held in your possession and if you do not have the documents, you may apply for a certified registration copy of the same and verify the title and take further action accordingly.
if property name is in my grand father ,  and my father change only property tax to his name then i need to register the document from grand father name to my father name then my father name to my name ?

The property if is still lying in your grand father's name then all the legal heirs of your father can make a family arrangement and partition the property accordingly in each individual's name and get it registered so that the property can be duly held on each individual's name.s 
Mere name on the property tax receipt will not entitle anyone the ownership of the property.
Hi, Normally it will not happen, person to whom it was registered his name only entered in revenue register and on that basis only taxes are paid.