read provisions of Real estate Bill which has been passed by Parliament 1) ‘‘allottee’’ in relation to a real estate project, means the person to whom a
plot, has been allotted, sold or otherwise
transferred by the promoter, and includes the person who subsequently acquires the
said allotment through sale, transfer or otherwise,
2) builder has to at time of registration of project with Authority file proforma of the agreements proposed to be signed with the allottees;
3) 13. (1) A promoter shall not accept a sum more than ten per cent. of the cost of the
apartment, plot, or building, as the case may be, as an advance payment or an application
fee, from a person without first entering into a written agreement for sale with such person.
(2) The agreement referred to in sub-section (1) shall be in such form as may be
prescribed and specify the particulars of development of the project including the construction
of building and apartments, along with specifications and external development works, the
dates and the manner by which payments towards the cost of the apartment, plot, or building,as the case may be, are to be made by the allottees and the likely date on which the possessionof the apartment, plot, or building is to be handed over and such other particulars, as may be prescribed.
4) under section 16 of real estate ACT 2013 16. (1) If the promoter fails to complete or is unable to give possession of an apartment,
plot or building,—
(a) in accordance with the terms of the agreement or, as the case may be, duly
completed by the date specified therein or any further date agreed to by the parties; or
(b) due to discontinuance of his business as a developer on account of suspension
or revocation of his registration under this Act or for any other reason,
he shall be liable on demand to the allottees, without prejudice to any other remedy available,to return the amount received by him in respect of that apartment, plot, building, as the casemay be, with interest at such rate as may be prescribed in this behalf including compensationin the manner as provided under this Act.
4) in your case you are covered by definition of allot tee . agreement has to be as proforma filed with Authority . if builder fails to honour terms as per agreement you are entitled to refund