• Illegal land grabbing, police not registering FIR

I have my land in my name since 1989. I have all the documents in my name. Now, somebody comes n says it's mine on basis of varasat and trying to forcibly capture my land. Police not registering FIR. What should I do, please help.
Asked in Property Law from Gorakhpur, Uttar Pradesh
The first thing that you should do is to immediately rush to the civil court through a suit for injunction to restrain this man from usurping your property as once he usurps it the road to recover the possession will not be smooth for you. This apart, also move the magistrate through a complaint case for issuing necessary directions to the police to perform its duty. 

1)the said person has to move court and establish his title on your land 

2) install CCTV cameras on your land , post security guards and do proper fencing of your land 

3) if police refusing to register FIR complain to Commissioner of police in this regard 

if you are not in position to devote time and money in safeguarding your land better option is to sell it before any encroachment is done by anti social elements 

Hi, First you have to fence your property and it can't be access to anybody.

2. Suppose, some one has forcibly entered in your land then lodge a police complaint in the police station. Normally police will refuse to take complaint then you can sent the Complaint by RPAD then file a suit for bare injunction in the Court for not to interfere in the peace full possession and enjoyment of the property.

Who is that somebody claiming your property and what is the basis.
Dont allow them to occupy your property nor you leave possession because they threaten you.
It is a civil matter hence police may not help you.
If the tortures are beyond control you can file a mandatory injunction suit against them to not to disturb your possession and peaceful enjoyment of the property with an IA to not to interfere in your possession till the disposal of suit as an interim relief.

It's only a case of fraud and don't wanna invest too much time. I work in Lucknow n land is in Gorakhpur,   so can't follow up on regular basis.

If you have to safeguard your interests in the property you have to follow it up or else you do whatever you feel may be good and proper as per the circumstances.