• Passport DOB change

I am in Bangalore now from last 3years.My passport was issued in 2007 from barreily in which the dob is 21-11-1984.wherein my correct dob is 23-11-1984.From past 2-3 years I trying to change my dob but no outcome.passport office is asking me to go to barreily and check with them if they did mistake in typing.I have all my docs wherein dob is correctly mentioned and while filling the form we mentioned correct dob only.The only mistake that happened was my parents have not checked the issued passport and later I too have not given thought about it..but now I need it and trying to get it done from last 2years.please guide me how can I get it.I am in bangalore...and can be reached on email abhics17@gmail.com and number 9620420206.please I need lawyer and guidance to get the court order as mistake is in date ,(month and year is correct) and it is from passport office.
Asked 2 years ago in Civil Law from Bangalore, Karnataka
1) if passport office is refusing to rectify date of birth in passport you have to file writ in the HC to direct passport office to rectify date of birth . rely upon birth certifcate which mentions correct date of birth 

2) since passport was issued in Bareilly writ would have to be filed in the HC in UP
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
46814 Answers
2769 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Hi, you have to institute suit before the jurisdictional court against passport authority to correct the mistake in the DOB.

2.  If you have a valid proof then court will give direction to the passport authorities to correct the mistakes done in passport authorities.
Pradeep Bharathipura
Advocate, Bangalore
4561 Answers
204 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

If you have all the records for having filled up the correct details in the passport application and the the error is due to the fault of the passport office issuing the passport, you should first send a letter in writing attaching all the details and documentary evidences requesting them to correct the date of birth expressing your willingness to comply with the necessary formalities in this regard. 
You dont require a lawyer for doing this job, you can do it yourself sitting at home.
Once the passport office is replying it will guide you what is to be done on this in furtherance.
T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
36930 Answers
403 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You have wasted a lot of time in adopting the effective legal recourse against RPO to rectify the error. You should now file a suit for mandatory injunction against the  RPO.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
23140 Answers
640 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer