• OBC Certificate for working professionals

Hi, I work in a Software Organization and my annual package is 4.7 lakhs per annum. I currently stay with my mother as my parents got separated 2 yrs ago and I am the only income source.

With my income will I be able to apply for OBC Non-Creamy layer certificate? I want to appear for Govt. exams and hence want to utilize the OBC quote

Previously I have the OBC certificate which was issued with my father's income in 2013. But now I cannot use my father's income nor he is willing to give his income certificate. His current income is 2.25 lpa. 

I have Aadhaar, Voter ID, PAN, Passport & also IT returns for 2015-2016. Please suggest any way to apply for the OBC NCL certificate?
Asked 6 months ago in Civil Law from Hyderabad, Telangana
1)  The Income criteria is applicable only on parents income/ the post he or she holds

2) For government employees only their position in the office is the criterion for non-creamy layer status. I presume your father isnot Class I employees nor direct recruits of Class II cadre,

3) since your father income is only 2.5 lakhs per annum you would be eligible for obtaining certificate under OBC NCL 
First get the eligibility criteria of OBC Non-creamy layer certificate.
As per recent updated criteria I could find that you are eligible for the same.
Income of all earning family members should be mentioned in application for Affidavit for getting Non creamy Layer certificate. If, they are not employed, then it should also be clearly mentioned in the Affidavit. If the income exceeds Rs 4.50 lakhs per annum, than candidates belongs to OBC-Creamy Layer.

In your case you are staying with your mother apply the same and mentioned you are staying with mother and also produce divorce certificate .
The creamy layer status of a candidate is determined on the basis f the status of his parents and not on the basis of his own status or income or on the basis of status of income of his/her spouse

Therefore while determining the creamy layer status of a person, the status or the income of the candidate himself or of his/her spouse shall not be taken into account

The creamy layer status of a candidate is determined on the basis of the status of his parents and not on the basis of his own status or income or on the basis of status of income of his/her spouse
The income limit is Rs. 6 lakh per annum for determining the creamy layer amongst the Other Backward Classes. The status is always decided on the basis of status of parents and not self income. If your father is a govt servant then his designation and not income is relevant to decide whether you can be issued OBC certificate or not.