• Agriculture land purchase in Karnataka

I want to purchase a agriculture land in Karnataka. I am not an agriculturist.

Option 1 :
My Father - Mother (grand mother to me) had an agriculture land in her name,the khata & RTC was in my grand mother name and due to some reason they sold the land 15 years back. My father didnt get Khata or RTC in his name.

Can we purchase agriculture land in my father name using old RTC in my grand mother name?

Option 2 :
My Mother - Father(grand father) had an agriculture land in his name,the khata & RTC was in my grand father name and now it has been transferred to his son - my mothers brother(my father in law). 

Can we purchase agriculture land in my father name using old RTC in my grand father name?

Option 3 : 
We can purchase the land in my father in law(my mother brother) and later it can transferred to my mother as a gift. what are the rules to be followed
Asked 9 months ago in Property Law from Bangalore, Karnataka
1. Agricultural land can be bought in Karnataka after fulfilling certain requirements. The annual average income of the person including agricultural income should be less than Rs 25 lakhs. The person must have had an agricultural land in his name before the year 1974. The person should be an agriculturist or an agricultural worker by profession.

2. If the old pani is in your grandparents name then get a family tree done and notarized.
1)  you cannot purchase agricultural land in father name using old RTC in grand mother name .

2) you cannot purchase agricultural land in father name using RTC in grand father name 

3)land can be purchased in uncle name if he is an agriculturist but there is on guarantee that he would subsequently transfer it in mother name 

Hi, If the income of the family exceeds 25 lakhs then they can't buy a agricultural land in Karnataka.

Yes, your father can purchase the agriculture land.  In fact non-agriculturists also can buy agricultural land in Karnataka.

Yes.

There is no specific rule to be followed under the said situation. The Normal rules meant for purchase of property or transfer of property through a gift deed can be followed.