• Investing in private limited

i recently formed a partnership firm with my friend.The partnership firm that we have now formed is taking a 10% stake in a private limited firm for a certain amount of money.
My question is , can the money be given by me &my friend in our own names individually? or does the money have to be given under our partnership firms name?
Asked 1 year ago in Business Law from New Delhi, Delhi
if the firm is taking 10 per cent stake in the pvt ltd company the cheque should be issued by the firm and not the partners 
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
37785 Answers
2119 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Hi, If the amount is paid in the name of the Firm then firm has investing the money to the Company.

2. If you paid the amount individually then you alone paid the amount to the company.
Pradeep Bharathipura
Advocate, Bangalore
4441 Answers
186 Consultations

4.3 on 5.0

It is your partnership firm that has taken a stake, so the money can be pooled only by the firm.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
21674 Answers
590 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

As partnership agreement, each partner can draw their share or profit or any other drawals on their name itself, it is not necessary to make the withdrawals on company's name.
T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
27745 Answers
288 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer