• Community Certificate

Myself and my husband we both belong to BC community.I am from Thulluva vellala and he is from Ezhuva. He do not have his TC with him now and Community certificate is locked up in his hometown. We need to apply for community certificate for our kid for admission in short timespan. Can we apply based on my certificates and join my kid in my community as both belong to BC and only sub-category differs?
Asked 2 years ago in Family Law from Chennai, Tamil Nadu
Religion: Hindu
Dear Querist
you may apply the Community certificate based on your certificate due to noo avalibility of your husband's certificate.

Feel Free to call
Nadeem Qureshi
Advocate, New Delhi
4867 Answers
222 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

Yes, you can apply for community certificate based on your community to your child.
This is legally allowed and the Tahsildar cannot deny issuing the community certificate to child based on its mother's community, if the tahsildar is denying or refusing to issue, get his reply in writing and may prefer a complaint against him before the collector with a copy endorsed to CM's Special cell, you will get immediate response and action.
T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
35910 Answers
390 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1) make application to the Revenue Divisional Officer, who is the competent authority in this regard for issuance of Community Certificate 

2)  The Community Certificate is required only to find out whether a candidate is eligible for being considered under the reserved quota and not for any other purpose.

3) apply for community certificate on basis of husband certificate 
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
45738 Answers
2692 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

The child can adopt either of the parent's community. So your child can obtain CC on the basis of your certificates. They might ask for original school TC, so as to verify the community given in the school T.C.  In your case, attested copy of TC is valid. 

Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22977 Answers
634 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer