• Tatkal passport but adverse report

I am employed with a statutory body under central government and since my passport had expired I applied for renewal mentioning permanent address ,address of Jamshedpur where I stayed from 2014 may to 2015 August and current Ghaziabad address along with all documents and NOC from my office.I recievd tatkal passport and have submitted it for Italian visa .I was present for police verification and signed the form.Got a SMS today that police has submitted adverse report for my current address which may be due to less then 1 year period of stay at present address.I have to travel next Sunday on official trip to Italy and can I proceed to travel with only this SMS information. All information and documents were correct and this is basically a system error.Still want to know since time is short and passport is at Italian Embassy.
Asked 2 years ago in Civil Law from Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh
1) You can travel abroad as you have the passport 

2) you have not received any show cause notice for impounding of passport 

3) apply to RPO for re police verification 
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
44439 Answers
2582 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

The most likely problem is that the police might have given an adverse report most probably for your current address. 

You can  meet the Regional passport officer in person  (giving your file number and  not necessary to have your passport ) and request a re-verification.Normally RPO entertain such requests from Government employees like you and undertake actions to resolve such petty issues. 

Since you are employee with a statutory body under central government you can also submit Identity certificate (Annexure B) issued by the employer to the Regional Passport officer as additional proof. , 

The regional passport officer will clear your file in two/ three days. 

No worries. you can proceed to travel once you have met the RPO or written to RPO. 

Hope this helps

Rajgopalan Sripathi
Advocate, Hyderabad
1267 Answers
155 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Since you are in possession of passport and have not been barred from undertaking any travel outside India by the passport authorities  and also since there is no show cause notice received by you in writing from the passport authorities except the said SMS, in my opinion, you may undertake the travel outside the country and after returning to India, you may clarify the passport authorities about the observation which you have been notified. 
Since you are a government employee, your authentication an be verified by the passport authorities and you will find relief very soon when compared to others of similar nature. 
T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
34568 Answers
372 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

If you had mentioned the permanent address in addition to the previous and current temporary address then there is no legal basis for giving an adverse report. Unless the passport is cancelled you are free to travel. You can challenge the adverse report in the competent court on the ground that it is illegal.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22966 Answers
631 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer