• Harassed by tenant

Our Tenant has filed a criminal case against my brother and his son what should we do
Asked 2 years ago in Criminal Law from United Kingdom
Religion: Christian
1) you have not furnished any details of the criminal case filed by tenant against your brother and son 

2) in the absence of details it is difficult to advise 
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
45671 Answers
2686 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Under what provisions of law is the FIR lodged? You should engage a defence lawyer to firstly obtain bail and thereafter contest the case on merits.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22977 Answers
634 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. What are the charges leveled against him?

2. If he has filed a criminal case directly without lodging any police complaint finally registered by police as a FIR, then there will be no arrest and your brother won't have to avail anticipatory bail,

3. Engage a local lawyer having expertise in contesting criminal cases and contest the case fittingly.

Krishna Kishore Ganguly
Advocate, Kolkata
18520 Answers
449 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Not sure on the nature of the criminal case. 
if it is a case of trespass then you can always say that you had authorised your brother and his son to enter in to the property and look after the affairs of the property on your behalf.
Rajgopalan Sripathi
Advocate, Hyderabad
1307 Answers
161 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

What was the reason and what are the sections by which your tenant has lodged a criminal complaint.
However your brother and his son can obtain anticipatory bail and challenge the case before the trial court.
T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
35836 Answers
390 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer