• Regarding Freedom Fighters Pension

If a person was born on 01-07-1942 as per S.S.L.C records and he is getting pension under Swatantra Sainik Samman Pension Scheme-1980. His age was 5 years at the time of Independence. How to control this type of fake pensioners?
Asked 4 years ago in Criminal Law from Guntur, Andhra Pradesh
You must file a PIL against these fake pensioners in the high court and seek direction to make railings to control these pensions.write a complaint to the president and prime minister and ask them to control the same.in the below link you can find the essentials for getting the same
Jeshma Mohandas KP
Advocate, Kozhikode
567 Answers
1 Consultation

4.5 on 5.0

1. Any one misrepresenting himself to be a freedom fighter when he is not, commits the offence of cheating, and breach of trust and is accordingly liable to be prosecuted for the same. The pension drawn by any one on the basis of such misrepresentation is liable to be recovered along with interest/penalty.

2. If such an offence has been committed by a single individual then you should file a complaint to the police against him. If police fails to take any action then you may move to court and take out necessary proceedings for his prosecution. If this is a larger sinister racket which is operating for unjust enrichment by robbing the taxpayers' money then you may move the High Court for action against them, whereas if the racket is spread over different states then necessary proceedings can be initiated in the Supreme Court.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
23176 Answers
641 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

it is an offence if pension is drawn but first you should file PIL in high court
Avdhesh Chaudhary
Advocate, Greater Noida
565 Answers
20 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

1. Lodge a complaint to your DM under copy to the Prime Minister and Home Minister asking then to start conducting an enquiry about your complaint and take appropriate remedial measures,

2. Collect the information about the development after one month through RTI route,

3. If no action has been found to be taken, file a Writ Petition alleging Police/Govt. inaction,

4. It is a very good case to get redreesed.
Krishna Kishore Ganguly
Advocate, Kolkata
18818 Answers
454 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Lodge a complaint with the police with copy  to the Prime Minister and Home Minister asking them for an enquiry  and  to take appropriate remedial measures, wait for some time then collect information about the progress in your complaint  through RTI  and If no action has been taken, file a Writ Petition  for necessary directions to the police and Govt.
S.P. Srivastava
Advocate, New Delhi
703 Answers
13 Consultations

4.7 on 5.0

file a complaint before concerned authority who is entitle to pay the pension or file a PIL
Nadeem Qureshi
Advocate, New Delhi
4880 Answers
226 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer