• Does property law is applicable for existing property alone

My grandfather Had 1 sold & daughter (my mother). And my uncle died due to ilness later my aunty is re-married.Does she are my cousin have any writers on share of  property.(And my grandfather have already sold few property for my uncle's financial need)
Asked 2 years ago in Property Law from Chennai, Tamil Nadu
Religion: Hindu
1) even after remarriage aunty would have share in the property 

2) on grandfather demise intestate his property would devolve on your mother and uncle equally 

3) on uncle demise his share would devolve on his widow and his children 

4) the fact that grand father had sold some property for uncle financial need is immaterial 
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
44162 Answers
2561 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Hi, When she remarried she or her sons and daughters have no rights to claim share in the property.
Pradeep Bharathipura
Advocate, Bangalore
4527 Answers
202 Consultations

4.3 on 5.0

If your grandfather died intestate then his properties devolved through succession on his heirs i.e mother, widow and children. The share of your uncle further devolved on his heirs i.e widow and children along with mother. The remarriage of his widow does not oust her share in the properties of her deceased husband. His children too have an indefeasible share in the property.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22958 Answers
631 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer