• Other Backward Class quota

Dear Sir

I was born in Punjab. Age 25. I am prep for govt exams.
My parents were born in Nawalgarh, Rajasthan.Our family has been living in Punjab since 1989. 
My caste is "Jangid" which is an OBC caste as notified by Rajasthan govt and central govt in its own centre list. I have checked my caste in the latest list. I write my surname as "Sharma'. Actually we can use sharma as our surname as told by many jangids on the grounds being descendant of vishwakarma brahmins. I have my OBC caste certificate in prescribed format required for availing reservation under OBC quota. 

So am I eligible for reservation in govt jobs?

Thanks and Regards
Himanshu
Asked 7 months ago in Constitutional Law from Mandi Gobindgarh, Punjab, Punjab
Since you are residing in Punjab, you may have to obtain OBC certificate from Punjab so check if the list confirms your community to fall under the said category otherwise you can get the said certificate from Rajasthan where if Jangids and Sharma go together and are recognised to be the same. 
You can very well apply for jobs if you are issued with the said certificate.
Since you possess the OBC certificate which vouchsafes that you belong to OBC category you qualify to avail the benefit of reservation. Mere use of 'Sharma' as surname does not reduce the vigour of your caste certificate.
You can be eligible for jobs in central govt quota for OBC if you have been granted OBC certificate by the authorities 
some caste are inserted into OBC list, so surname is apparent classification for reservation but ultimately caste certificate issued by the concerned authority is the sole basis for reservation. you are eligible for reservation in the services of government 
1) you would not be eligible  in state quota of Punjab as it does not fall in state OBC list of Punjab 
The OBC for NCL, if not available in Punjab, you cannot claim it in Punjab, but if you have roots in Rajasthan, you can try to get the same from there.