• Ordered adult toy online for personal use


I always wish to have a person toy for my satisfaction rather than some unsafe relation.I was searching over net and found a site which provide promising toys, So i bought one for my self.
It is from US store and processed delivery.
On another day i read that it is illegal to order online adult toy and custom department will send notice regarding this and for all this i was completely unaware.
I can not stop delivery as already on the way to India.Please suggest me what can i do to be prepare for custom or should i simply deny that i didn't ordered such product and return to sender ( if any notice come ).
I also know there is very very least chance to fight for this personal usage toy and in end will come only harassment only.

Please suggest.Thanks.
Asked 2 years ago in Civil Law from Bulandshahr, Uttar Pradesh
1) you would be issued show cause notice as to why adult toy imported by you should not be confiscated as it has been imported in violation of import policy 

2) yiu have to file detailed reply . mention imported toy for personal use 

3) mention that you have n objection for toy  being confiscated 

4) nominal penalty would be imposed by customs 
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
45648 Answers
2683 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. You are right. Purchase of such s*x toys are illegal in India. Even online purchase of these toys are illegal in India,

2. If you get any notice from the customs department asking to fill up a form, do not respond,

3. The said toy will be kept at the godown of the customs department as unclaimed item.
Krishna Kishore Ganguly
Advocate, Kolkata
18518 Answers
449 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

If at all the customs department seizes the item and sends you notice asking explanation,  you may simply  claim innocence of law and express your willingness to pay penalty if something imposed besides confiscating the item.
If the goods is delivered without customs knowledge, take delivery and use it secretly without letting anyone know about it. 
T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
35809 Answers
390 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

A customs notice to you is on the cards if the product is in transit. Import of sex toys in India is illegal and u/s 111 & 112 of the Custom Act, 1962 you can be served notice and followed by penalty and legal conviction. When you receive the notice put it up to your lawyer for an appropriate reply.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22977 Answers
634 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

according to sale of goods act you can cancel the order however it is in transit. 

if you cannot cancel this order you must send an email for cancellation and clearly mention reason i.e. it is not permissible in law of India. 

this email will escape you from future litigation.
Shivendra Pratap Singh
Advocate, Lucknow
5066 Answers
78 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer