• Party absconding after filing 138

We have filed 138 against one of our clients who is a pvt ltd company and two of its directors. We had sent the summons on their office address as we did not have address of directors. Summon was received by one of the employees. However, shortly after this, the company has shut shop and directors are absconding. Court date is still a month away. Please suggest what pro-active action is to be taken from our end. Thanks
Asked 2 years ago in Criminal Law from New Delhi, Delhi
Religion: Sikh
1) if you are unable to serve summons you have to make application for substituted service 

2) court will grant your application and you have to publish summons  in 2 local newspapers 
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
46822 Answers
2769 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

pYou may apply to the court to prepone the date of hearing as there is a fear that the accused persons may escape from the jurisdiction of the court. On the date of hearing the court may issue warrant against them so that they are produced in the court. This is the utmost that may be done.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
23140 Answers
640 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Since the summons have been served through court and the date of hearing has not come till date, wait for the date of hearing on how the company reacts to the summons received and then go by the court proceedings as directed by court. 
T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
36975 Answers
403 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

If the accused do not appear on the date summoned a BW/NBW shall be issued against them to secure their presence.  If Police is unable to execute the warrants, the court might declare the accused as PO and file will be consigned to record room and further proceedings will start when the accused are arrested and brought before the court. Get a copy of the court order declaring them PO and whenever you get any information  about them, get the help of local police to get them arrested. 
H. S. Thukral
Advocate, New Delhi
569 Answers
170 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

file an application before the court for public notification against the accused, if again not appears in the court you should pray for issuance of warrant thereafter attachment. 
Shivendra Pratap Singh
Advocate, Lucknow
5066 Answers
78 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer