• Change DOB

The DOB on matriculation certification is 23/02/1990 and DOB on Passport/Birth Certificate/ PAN card is 20/02/1990. I don't understand what DOB I should put while filling the from. Experts,knowledgeable people please give me some wise suggestions.
What are the possible ways I could change the DOB on School Matriculation certification.
This happened erroneously because my family is illiterate. I am quite perturbed now as I want to appear for civil services examination where in the notification it said the candidate should enter the DOB date as per matriculation certificate or equivalent certificate.  I don't know what constitutes the "equivalent certificate". If possible how many days will it take to rectify the DOB.
Please suggest the solution. 
Thank you.
Asked 7 months ago in Constitutional Law from Mumbai, Maharashtra
What is the date mentioned in the birth certificate issued by the registrar of births and deaths. 
If the date of birth in the birth certificate tallies with the date of birth mentioned in educational certificates, then there is no need to rectify the same. 
How did the mistake occur in the passport?
For the present you fill up the date of birth as found in the matriculation certificate in all the employment forms,  find out how and where the mistake happened for a different entry in the passport and look for the ways to rectify it accordingly. 
1) application for correction of DOB in matriculation certificate should have been made within period of 2 years from passing of school to t he Board

2) apply tho the school board to rectify date of birth in your school certificate 

3) if application is rejected you would need court orders to direct board to rectify date of birth in yiur matriculation certificate 

In the event of a discrepancy between the date of birth in different documents the date of birth as mentioned on the birth certificate is what will actually prevail. You should apply to the Regional Passport Office, Income Tax Department and Registrar of Births and Deaths for rectification of date of birth on passport, pan card and birth certificate respectively. It is going to be a long drawn process loaded with uncertainty of success. Most likely, you will have to seek redress from the court. 
Since you have admitted that the date of birth entered in the matriculation certificate is erroneous, this has to be rectified immediately.The School authorities or the matriculation board may not entertain you to rectify the same at this stage, however you may first apply for the same based on the documentary evidences and request to rectify the same or obtain a refusal communication from them after which you can file a declaratory suit before a civil court seeking to declare your correct date of birth as per the original birth certificate and to make necessary corrections in the educational certificates by impleading the concerned authority as a party to the suit.  
After getting a decree in your favor, you may use this court judgment as a supporting documentary evidence to prove your correct date of birth in the matriculation certificate.  The time for disposal of this suit may hardly take around 6 months, hence you may wait until then or can send the applications with the correct date of birth itself while the legal actions for rectifying your date of birth is running parallel.  
First you have to make necessary corrections in the educational certificates. Apply for the same before the educational authority. If the authority is not take proper action, then you may file a writ of mandamus before the honourable high court .
1. You shall have to file an affidavit before 1st class Judicial Magistrate  affirming that your DOB in your matriculation certificate has been entered wrongly which is required to be changed by the relevant Matriculation Board,

2. On receipt of the said affidavit, you shall have to apply before your Matriculation Board for change of your DOB,

3. Equivalent to Matriculation certificate is school leaving certificate of states where the is no Matriculation examination.
1. This problem is commonly found and it is not a big issue at all,

2. Follow the steps suggested in my earlier post to come out of your stated problem.
1. After getting the affidavit affirmed before the 1st Class Judicial Magistrate as advised in my 1st post, file an application before your Matriculation Board for correcting/amending  your DOB in your matriculation certificate,

2. You shall be issued a fresh matriculation certificate with your corrected/amended DOB.