• Linked documents for property not available prior to 1992

Linked documents for property not available prior to 1992 in sub registrar office and also at  the seller, the property was under gram panchayat layout made in 1970's, the seller is staying at the said property since 1992 and has permission for g+1 floors and paying taxes since 1992, give  an legal advice to buy the property so that i do not face any legal issue in the future
Asked 1 year ago in Property Law from Hyderabad, Telangana
Religion: Hindu
1) Don't purchase property unless linked documents are available 

2) if seller has original link documents you can purchase the property from yiur lawyer certifies tithe is clear and marketable 
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
32451 Answers
1790 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

without perusing the title deed it is very difficult to make comment on the title of the property.
Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
8607 Answers
102 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

Without obtaining the documents which complete the chain of title it is unsafe to purchase the property. So better drop the idea of buying this one.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
20451 Answers
542 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

The computerisation of land records was completed in undivided state of andhra pradesh in the year 2002.
It is not possible to say that link documents are not available as earlier prior to computerisation all of the documents were manually entered and stored in ledger books. it is a fact that documents as old as 1912-1913 are stored in ledger books in state of telangana. 
So, first you make a search in concerned sub-registrar office and get an Encumbrance certificate for 30 years(From 1982 onwards).
Regarding construction permission, looks like it is in order since the guy has permission issued by gram panchayat and has been paying property tax for almost 25 years. 
however do verify the link deed prior to 1992 as at a later date you or the seller should not be surprised by a claim or a counter claim (most of land grabbers adapt the technique of creating documents approximately 30 years old and then start the legal trouble).
Hope this helps.
Rajgopalan Sripathi
Advocate, Hyderabad
1068 Answers
96 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

The purchase of immovable  property involves a huge investment out of hard earned money.  If there are no proper documents to trace the title from the beginning, it may be a disaster in the future when a litigation crops up or some one emerges with a claim based on some previous title documents that are not available now. A partition suit can be filed at any time and it will not be affected by the limitation law or even by law of adverse possession etc.  Therefore  it is always better to obtain proper legal opinion from a local advocate before completing the deal of purchase. 
T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
22636 Answers
220 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a Lawyer