• Employer refusing to provide termination letter

I was under a contractual employment of 11 months with 3 months probation. I successfully completed my probation. Then after a week, my employer called me up for meeting and instantly fired me, took away my access card and company belongings. It has been a week now, when i asked him to provide a termination letter in writing he refuses and says you left on your own will and we will file charges against you.
Kindly advise what lega action should i take
Asked 6 months ago in Labour from Gurgaon, Haryana
Religion: None
1) it is necessary to peruse terms and conditions of your appointment letter 

2) issue legal notice to employer fir having terminated your service without notice 

3) there must be clause in appointment letter that if employer terminates your service during period of contract he would pay you salary for period of one month 

4) contact a local lawyer 
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
21680 Answers
1129 Consultations
5.0 on 5.0
When an employee leaves on his own then he puts in his resignation, in the absence of which there is no material to prove that he has left on his own.You can issue a legal notice to your ex employer and then move the appropriate court to seek a declaration of illegality of your termination and also compensation for wrongful termination.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
17421 Answers
425 Consultations
5.0 on 5.0
If you have been stopped entry into the building by the security, secure that evidence and after that issue a legal notice to the company demanding the reason for sacking you without giving any notice or information before being terminated.  If you have the offer letter for the contractual employment, you may quote the clause for termination or resignation and seek justice and reason for his unwarranted act. If you dont get a proper reply you may approach the labor welfare officer  for relief and remedy.
T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
12609 Answers
120 Consultations
5.0 on 5.0
you should file a case before the labour court because your termination is against the settled principle of law. he is bound to issue a show cause notice and provide you a chance to explain your stand. this process is not followed in your case so you can file a case immediately.
Shivendra Pratap Singh
Advocate, Lucknow
2635 Answers
38 Consultations
4.9 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
Ask a Lawyer

Labour Lawyers

Krishna Kishore Ganguly
Advocate, Kolkata
11292 Answers
206 Consultations
5.0 on 5.0
S J Mathew
Advocate, Mumbai
1933 Answers
61 Consultations
5.0 on 5.0
Thresiamma G. Mathew
Advocate, Mumbai
1275 Answers
82 Consultations
5.0 on 5.0
Shashidhar S. Sastry
Advocate, Bangalore
1165 Answers
55 Consultations
5.0 on 5.0
H. S. Thukral
Advocate, New Delhi
495 Answers
123 Consultations
5.0 on 5.0
B.T. Ravi
Advocate, Bangalore
716 Answers
26 Consultations
5.0 on 5.0
Saptarshi Banerjee
Advocate, Kolkata
183 Answers
4 Consultations
4.9 on 5.0
Advocate Buvaneswari
Advocate, Chennai
24 Answers
11 Consultations
4.4 on 5.0
Rajinder Kumar
Advocate, New Delhi
68 Answers
3 Consultations
5.0 on 5.0
Rajni Sinha
Advocate, Mumbai
273 Answers
24 Consultations
4.8 on 5.0