• Name Change In Class 12 mark sheet

Sir 
I changed my surname  ( from Akash Namboodiri to Akash Narayan) after completing class 12 exams in April 2015. So I have my class 12 mark sheet with the old name ( Akash Namboodiri). 

I am writing the law entrance (CLAT) in  May 2016. I have submitted all the Forms with the New Name ( Akash Narayan). 

I got my Name change done on proper Channel ( with Govt of India Gazatte and two News paper advt etc) 

My Question : 

1.  During admission, I will be able to submit Qualifying Exam Mark sheet ( Class 12 mark sheet)  with the Old Name.  Will this be a problem?  

2. Will the University accept the mark sheet with Old name along with the Name change Gazatte ? 

2. The Process to get the name changed from CBSE is very long and I will not be able to finish this before My admission in June 2016. 

I am worried. could you please guide me 
waiting for an early reply 

AKASH NARAYAN
Asked in Civil Law from New Delhi, Delhi
1) you wont face any problems as name change has been reflected in official gazette and published in newspapers 

2) university would accept the mark sheet with old name along with gazette notification 

3) it is not necessary to change your name in CBSE mark sheet 

1. Since you have changed your name with the procedure laid down in the law it should not be a problem.

2. Unless the university is able to find evidence of non compliance of laid down procedure for name change it cannot refuse to accept the old mark sheet.

3. The name cannot be changed retrospectively. 

1 No issues .if you submit your class12 market sheet with the supporting documents of gazatte declaration. Copy and news paper copy publications and the supporting affidavit it will be sufficient.
2. Yes the university will accept the mark sheet with old name with the above said supposing document s.
3. Apply for change in the mark sheet and give undertaking before the university to submit the changed one.

You may attach a copy of the government gazette to prove the name change.

The university after verifying the records and the documents submitted, may allow the change of name.

Not necessary.