• Lost share certificate

I bought my flat in august 2015,at the time of purchase the buyer did not transfer the shares, said he has lost it. I have now registered this flat in my name but the society refuses to issue me share certificate,I have taken an undertaking from the buyer stating that he has lost the share certificate, but still the society ad for a police complain . what should I do.
Asked 2 years ago in Property Law from Palghar, Maharashtra
Religion: Hindu
So the seller should lodge a daily diary complaint to the nearest police station. After the complaint is lodged the society will be bound to issue a fresh certificate.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22977 Answers
634 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1) if seller has lost share certificate he has to file an FIR with local police station of loss of share certificate 

2) public notice has to be issued regarding loss of share certificate 

3) he has to apply for duplicate share certificate and furnish indemnity bond 

4) then only will society issue duplicate share certificate 
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
45573 Answers
2677 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Hi, your vendor can lodge a police complaint for the lost of the Share Certificate.

2. After receiving the Acknowledgement same has to be produced before the society for transferring the share. 
Pradeep Bharathipura
Advocate, Bangalore
4551 Answers
203 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

The person who has reported to have lost his share certificates should make efforts to report the loss to the police station by a written complaint and with the copy of the complaint should apply for the duplicate certificate from the society.  Then you should apply for transfer of the certificate on your name on the basis of the duplicate certificate issued by the society. 
T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
35750 Answers
388 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer