Cheating and fraud by Country Vacations
Country Vacations have given me in writing and also in the form of SMS that I will get 6 nights and 7 days free stay in their resort, and later eventually they said NO for doing my booking and when I reminded them that I have that in writing from you they told me to go to court
Here's all the necessary documents to help you find out all about my case
1. Calls and 4 SMS'es.......received on 1st and 2nd March
2. Holiday voucher........got on 2nd March
3. March 2, 3 and half day of 4th March follow ups as per their words and changing my dates
4. Shouting at their office which they started...4th March..the company staff involved the police
5. NC........4th March
6. Fine receipt.......4th March
7. Wrote emails and made calls to their different offices to let them know about the issue, also got calls.....5 to 11 March
8. 12th March half day at their Kandivali office with the intention to hand the final letter(did not give the letter), Sneha from this office took the dates for my booking, name of the property and my holiday voucher number
9. 3 SMS'es........12th March
10. 12th March evening at their Ghatkopar and Vikhroli office to give the letter..they did not accept
11. Voice clip....12th March
12. Letter to country vacations send by email on 13th March and by registered post A.D on 14th March
13. 14th March call from Hyderabad office ..they told me that they will help
Asked 1 year ago in Criminal Law from Mumbai, Maharashtra
1) it is necessary to peruse various documents cited by you to advice
2) if you have become a member of country vacation on payment of their charges and country vacations has failed to provide you holidays then you can move consumer forum against them for deficiency of service
3) seek refund of money paid by you with interest
4) also seek compensation for mental torture undergone by you
You can file a claim for compensation against it in the consumer forum as this amounts to deficiency in service. It seems that, prima facie, you have the documentary evidence to stand on your feet in the court. A criminal prosecution for cheating and breach of trust may also be launched in the given facts and circumstances. Initiate the legal process by issuing a lawyer's notice.
Hi, It is good case to file a complaint in the consumer court for deficiency of services.
2. First issue a legal notice and thereafter file a complaint in the District Consumer Forum for deficiency of services.
Since you have received call from Hyderabad office that they will help, you may give them some time for their help to be materialised in this regard. If you dont get any help or communication for more than 15 days, you may send a legal notice to the country vacations demanding the promised benefits within 15 days from the date of receipt of the said notice, failing which they may be dragged to the consumer forum seeking relief and compensation for mental agony too.
I have not paid any amount or neither I am a member I was informed on call and also in sms that I will get 3 absolutely free things...dental check up voucher plus kitchen bowl set and 6 nights and 7 days of absolutely free stay in any one of their resort if I attend their presentation, so I went there at their office and the first thing they tell me that the stay is for rupees 5500 so I showed them their sms which they have send it which said all the 3 things are absolutely free of cost and no terms and conditions but they did not understand that for 30 minutes and finally they gave me in writing on my holiday vocuher that the stay will be absolutely free, after following up for 2 days regarding my booking I am told that YOU WILL NOT GET THAT FREE STAY AND THAT TOO IN THE FORM OF YELLING AND SHOUTING TO WHICH I ALSO REACT THE SAME WAY AND THEY GET A CHANCE TO CALL THE POLICE AND WE ARE TAKEN TO THE POLICE STATION ALONG WITH MY FAMILY OF TWO KIDS WHO ARE 8 AND 9 YEARS OLD, I told the police that this shouting and yelling was started by them and NOT ME and anybody would do that because they denied my booking after giving me in writing, we both are charged 1200 fine for creating disturbance at the public place, I told the police and the person(sagar) who denied me the booking who called the police that I will take him and the company to court to which he says that I have nothing to loose its the company who will loose not me, on the next day I went to check whether Sagar paid the fine or not, he paid the fine, I asked the police how can I take them to the court they told me to approach the court and the court told me that the NC that you got is for the fine that you paid and this is not required to start the matter in the court, you need the FIR so I went back to the police station and told them what the person at the court had told me and the police denied me the FIR, I also send the last and the final communication to the company via email and via registered A.D post, giving them 5 days to clear this but nothing was done by the company. On the 11 april the police take my statement and tells me that in two to three days he will call the company's person Sagar to the police station and take his statement but till today this is not done. On the 30 I went again as the officer called me to the police station and he took my signature on that statement which he had forgot to do on the 11 april, I told not to do that but he did not listen he also added that it will not make any difference and advised me to go to the court and file section 156 (3) of Cr.P.C without taking their statement of the opposite party and also said that theres nothing in my case
4th March sagar said no and fine was paid and NC was done also submitted my hand written letter to the police about the wrong fine and the issue
5 to 11 emails exchanged between me and the company about the issue
12 march getting the issue known to other branches of the company and offices but no help
13 march final letter send via email
14 march letter also by registered A.D post
14 call from company saying will help
17 recieved my letters according to the postal website of india
23 my period that I gave them got over
holidays...holi, good friday, sat and sun
29 submitted my case to consumer guidence society of india
5 call from company saying that they got the final letter today
11 my statement taken and documents submited in dispatch and police said will take their statement
on the 30th.. date changed by police officer on the statement from 11 to 30th april and told me that theres nothing in the case and please file 156(3) of Cr.P.C
what should be my next step
Asked 11 months ago
1) you can file complaint under section 156(3) of Crpac before magistrate to direct police to investigate and submit report
2) in the alternative file complaint against the company before consumer forum for unfair trade practice
3) you attended the presentation but they failed to give you the voucher for 7 days free stay as promised by them
4) seek orders to direct them to provide free stay for 7 days and also for compensation for mental torture undergone by you
You have done a wrong thing by taking the law in your hand. You should not have indulged in the shouting and yelling acts especially in the public.
If the company has not confirmed about the free benefits as promised, how could you risk by going to the country vacations risking the payment.
These people are frauds. It is the new way of cheating innocent people like you. The police are in their favor because the police have already been bribed heavily to protect them in the event of any such scene.
You cannot expect any justice from these people if you start doing the things by yourself without following the proper procedures meant for this.
You cold have taken the advise of any local advocate before filing the case.
Actually these people can be dragged to consumer court for the deficient service and not through police.
The police will never come to your rescue because they have already been corrupted by the fraudulent mafias like these in the name of business.
One thing is for certain that nothing will come at free of cost, some cost has to be paid at some place at some time
The next step should be to move the appropriate court under section 156(3) to seek the commencement of the process of criminal law against the company and its representatives for cheating and breach of trust.