• Received show cause notice for my son's passport after 3+ years

I applied for and got my son's passport in 2012. It is valid till 2017. In March of 2016, I have received a show cause notice saying there is an adverse police report. The notice does not specify what the adverse report is. What should I do? Also we are planning to travel abroad for a couple of weeks in April. Will this show cause notice be a problem for us to travel?

Thanks,
Asked 1 year ago in Civil Law from Pune, Maharashtra
1) you must have received adverse police verification as you must not have been present at the address when police came for verification 
Or police must not have been satisfied with your documents 
2) you can visit RPO to fndvout why adverse police verification had been submitted 

3) you  can request RPO to reinstate police verification 
1. If the notice does not specify what is the adverse report then get in touch with the concerned police station to find out the adverse comments made in the report. You may also file a RTI to know the adverse remarks if you are unable to cull out the required information from local police.

2. Unless the passport is impounded your son is free to travel. 
1) you can travel abroad as  you have only received a show cause notice but  your passport has not been impounded 

2) it is better you visit RPO and find out reasons for adverse police verification report 
You reply the show cause notice in written or typed and send to the respective authority by post or personally meet officer concerned.

Now the present condition the travelling is not obstructed but you have to visit the office and find out reasons for adverse police verification report.Or file complaint or RTI application through 
 http://passportindia.gov.in

If you have received show cause notice, you must call on the passport office in person and clarify the details.  There may be minor enquiries which can be sorted out on the spot or you may be given time to sort out the problem.  Hence it would be better if you personally call on the passport office.
You cannot undertake risk to travel abroad without the persisting problem be solved.
We have to travel abroad in the first week of April.Will that be possible with the outstanding show cause notice?

The passport authorities may notify the immigration department if the observation has not been properly regularised within the time stipulated.  The travelling abroad may be stopped at immigration counter itself.