• Passport - police verification pending

Hello Sir / Madam,

I Sujit Raj, applied for renewal of Passport 5 month back, but still waiting for my passport. I have been Born @ same address have Birth certificate / Ration Card / PAN card / Voter ID / AADHAR etc. all documents received over my entire life at Exact address. So I satisfy all conditions as per publish rule as per External affair ministry circular 

There is no Criminal case pending against me still There is no written communication from police. In each visit they ask for new documents or keep asking unrelated question regarding my job detail, financial information. 

I travel for my work etc so I can not be at my permanent address for 24/7 all 365 days. 

Sujit Raj
Asked 2 years ago in Constitutional Law from Mumbai, Maharashtra
1)it is surprising that your renewal of passport is pending for 5 months 

2) if you were present when police officer visited your residence for verification police should have submitted the verification report to the passport office. 

3) Unless there is discrepancy or inadequacy in the documents you produce for police verification, it will be done in one visit

4) furnish your appointment letter if police want to know your job details ..  

5) Passport is expected to be dispatched within three working days of receipt of a
“Recommendatory” Police Verification Report (PVR) from the Police Department
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
46856 Answers
2772 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1) since you were not present when constable came to your residence they have submitted the report 

2) you may have visited the police station but police have to verify that you are actually staying at the said address . during the visit of constable only your parents were present 

3) you can write to RPO that you had gone to police station on 3 occasions but was informed that either file not received or that constable will come to you house for 
verification . 

4) you have sufficient evidence that you are residing in    address for long time 

5) you can file writ petition in the HC if you so desire against RPO / police 

6) however  you cannot except instant results . writ would take time to be disposed of  
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
46856 Answers
2772 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

File a complaint before regional passport officer. State that you have been harassed and deliberately not issuing passport. Applicant cannot b be called to appear before police chowki. Police is bound to verify your address by visiting your residence. You can made complaint  before police officer of your district. 
There is a process to verify your address by giving special application to the RPO for verification within one week. You have to pay requisite fee for that.
Shivendra Pratap Singh
Advocate, Lucknow
5066 Answers
78 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

You can file a RTI application to know the exact status of your application and the stage of police verification. Depending on the reply that you receive further legal recourse can be charted out. The remedy to move the appropriate court for appropriate directions is open to you.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
23173 Answers
641 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer