• Fake kidnapping petition

One of the worker under me who jumped to competitor gave a fake kidnapping petition against me and during enquiry he accepted its false complaint. Do we have any law to file a case against him. I do have video evidence in which he accepted that the complaint was fake and he did so on the guidance of my competitior.
Asked 2 years ago in Criminal Law from Karur, Tamil Nadu
Religion: Hindu
He can then be prosecuted by the state for giving false information to a public servant and also by you for defamation. The prosecution can be launched against both i.e worker and competitor. This apart, a lawsuit to claim damages can also be filed against both.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
23140 Answers
640 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. Yes, you can file a police complaint or a complaint case u/s211 of IPC for bringing false charge on you by lodging false complaint,

2. If your allegation is proved, the accused may get jail term for 2 to 7 years.
Krishna Kishore Ganguly
Advocate, Kolkata
18772 Answers
453 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Yes. First file the copy of video evidence in concerned police station and ask them to close the FIR. Also get the worker to withdraw his complaint. If police is not helping you file a quash petition in high court 
Rajgopalan Sripathi
Advocate, Hyderabad
1324 Answers
168 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1) you can file complaint of defamation against your worker for having filed false complaint before police

2) you can also sue him for damages 

3)Lodging of a false FIR/complaint is punishable under IPC. Such an informant/ complainant can be proceeded against under section 182 IPC or under section 211 of IPC by the police. 

4)Section 211 of IPC states whoever, with intent to cause injury to any person, institutes or causes to be instituted any criminal proceeding against that person, or falsely charges any person with having committed an offence, knowing that there is no just or lawful ground for such proceeding or charge against that person, shall be punished with imprisonment of either description for a term, which may extend to seven years, and shall also be liable to fine.
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
46766 Answers
2767 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer