• Purchase of property - Delhi South East - Sriniwaspuri

I am in talks with a dealer since the last few weeks. Almost finalized on a property and currently in talks to make the initial payment (biyana). 
However, upon getting the papers checked from local sources (elders and locality people) they say that the papers are alright. I haven't gotten a due diligence done, or involved any lawyer yet. However, what now confuses me is that the locals of that area (where the said property is based) are claiming that the area is still unauthorized and the colony is not registered. 
What confuses me is that everyone who saw the papers (e-stamp sale deed) has told me that it's genuine and all okay. 
But the statements made by the locals of that area has put me in a dilemma.

What is the best/quick way to have this checked !??  
(I do not want to make a hasty decision & repent later. A lot of hard earned money being involved.)

Raji Thomas
Asked 2 years ago in Property Law from Delhi, Delhi
Religion: Christian
1)you should check whether building plans for the house has been sanctioned by DMC

2) whether occupation certificate issued by muncipal corporation 

3) take 30 years title search through lawyer . obtain certificate of lawyer that title is clear and marketable 

4) check whether all property taxes have been paid till date 
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
46636 Answers
2757 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Instead of believing the locals, who may have a vested interest in the outcome of sale, you should engage a lawyer to carry due diligence. All the questions will be answered in due diligence. There is no other option.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
23092 Answers
639 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Hi, before purchasing the property you have to get legal opinion from the advocate and proceed further. Because you have to invest your hard earned money so be careful.
Pradeep Bharathipura
Advocate, Bangalore
4561 Answers
204 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

First of all you should obtain the photo copies of link documents to race title of the property; obtain copies of lay out approval; construction plan approval;  other approvals by local civic bodies, including electricity and water supply connections, mutation records, conversion approval, etc.
Get the papers properly vetted by a seasoned property lawyer, get his opinion and then decide bout next course of action. 
T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
36746 Answers
403 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer