• Advertising on cars

Hi There...
I would like to know if any permission from RTO or any other local Govt. bodies is required to place an advertisement/commercial on a car in Karnataka State. Is there any act whether it may be a Motor vehicle act or Outdoor Advertising policy act or any other relevant act which explains this case.
Please let me know for two cases..
1. Private Cars
2. Commercial Cars (Taxis/Maxi cabs)

Thanks a lot in advance.
Asked in Civil Law from Bangalore, Karnatka
Any sticker you put on a vehicle has to be placed correctly — not on the front and back windshields. For that, you require permission from the RTO. It should be placed on the body of the car. It depends on where it is placed, how big it is and if it causes any distraction. If it is from the website, it amounts to advertising and you require permission from the RTO to advertise on private vehicles 

In areas controlled by MCD outdoor advertisement devices visible to the public, are governed by provisions of section 142 to 146 of the Delhi Municipal Act. As per the provisions of the DMC Act, prior permission of the Commissioner is needed to display any advertisement to public view.
“Prohibition of erection, exhibition, fixation, retention or display of advertisement without written permission of the Commissioner — No person shall erect, exhibit, fix or retain or over any land, building, wall, hoarding, frame, post, kiosk/Bill Board (to be displayed on electric pole) or structure or upon or in any vehicle, any advertisement or display any advertisement to public view in any manner whatsoever in any place within the jurisdiction of the Corporation without the prior written permission of the Commissioner.”

There cannot be a law which makes a permission mandatory before placing advertisements on private cars, but this can be made condition precedent to such ads being placed on commercial vehicles. A Karnataka based lawyer alone will be able to tell whether there exists a law to this effect in that state or not.

Dear Sir, you have to establish and open a new business for the same in the form of startup, you have to follow concerned advertisement act, companies act, contract act, motor vehicle act and etc.,. If you want my legal service in this regard I will do it.
C. V. Jadhav

An application for grant of fresh permission for display of advertisement under section 135 o Karnataka Municipal corporations Act,1979 and New Advertisement Byelaws, 2006 in the form Annexure-3 is to be submitted to the 
Asst Cmmissioner (Advertisement), Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike offices, (Annexe building) NR Squre Bangalore -2, with necessary enclosures.
The applications submitted to any other office will not be considered.
You may visit the said office in person and personally clarify all other details in this regard.

Dear Author,
Thanks for your appreciation and feed back.
In my opinion permission from RTO office may not be required until the so called advertisement violates the specifications of MV Act in the display of registration number and other visible items to identify by vehicle from a distance.
You will not get a proper reply from RTO office even if you approach the RTO himself because there is no specific restriction on the subject issue by MV act. This being a subject of the local administration, the civic authorities are the competent people to grant such permissions.

prior permission is required for advertisement both for commercial as well as private car under muncipal act