Getting copy of title deed in Mumbai
My mother and my brother owned a flat in Mumbai at 101, suryadarshan cooperative and housing society, 3, Carter road, Borivali, east,Mumbai 400066.. since 1980. My mother expired during 1995 without any will. And my brother is enjoying the proeperty.we are 4 member, 2 boys and 2 girls.and we want to claim our share but we do not have the titledeeds of the said property. To claim our rights we need title deed.
Can you get the same or arrange.
Asked 1 year ago in Civil Law from Chennai, Tamil Nadu
1) you can obtain certified copy of title deeds from
The sub registrar office
2) you have to file suit for partition to claim your share in property
First of all you should arrange to talk to the brother who is occupying the entire property, he may not agree for any solution and would say that he will not give anyone anything and will try to shut all the doors for amicable solution.
After this you can file a partition suit with the help of certified copy of the title deed which you can get from the concerned registrar's office, you do not have to depend on your brother for this.
Discuss th issue in person with a local lawyer and proceed as per his further advise on the subject.
The certified copy of the title deed can be obtained from the office of sub-registrar by carrying out a title search with the assistance of a local lawyer. Once you get it you can file a case for partition to cull out your share.
1. Visit the local Registry office having jurisdiction of the area where the said flat is situated,
2. Collect certified copy of the title deed of the said property,
3. File a partition suit by enclosing the copy of the death certificate of your mother, her legal heir certificate collected from the councillor of the local Municipal Corporation and the Title deed.
file an application before registrar of societies or before the sub registrar of area in which the property is situated.
Feel free to Call
Advocate, New Delhi