1. If he is the first buyer of the flat in a building having multiple flats, then he is not expected to have the original link deeds of the land,
2. You can make a search about he chain of deeds from the registration office about he land and also the Development Agreement,
3. If here is any defect in the title, the owner is bound to refund you the advance paid by you,
4. Was it not mentioned in he agreement of sale hat he amount advanced will be returned within 7 days if any defect in title of the owner is detected?
5, However, you can lodge a police complaint against him or cheating,
6. Since you a consumer here, you can file a recovery suit or file a complaint case before the local District Consumer Dispute Redressal Forum alleging deficiency in service and unfair business practice claiming refund of he advance amount, damage and cost.