• Transfer of property

Mr.X purchased a house site during 1992 in Vijayanagaram town of Andhra Pradesh and expired in the year 2007.  The survivors are his wife and four daughters (all are married).  He never executed any will.

Now, the mother and three daughters are willing to relinquish their rights in the said property in favour of fourth daughter.

Is there any procedure for effecting the above transaction without going to Vizianagaram, where the property is situated.
Asked 2 years ago in Property Law from Hyderabad, Telangana
Religion: Hindu
1) deed of relinquishment or gift deed has to be executed by the mothers and 3 daughters 

2) it has to be registered where the property is situated . 

3) in the alternative mother and 3 daughters can execute POA in favour of any relative for execution of gift deed . register POA in city wherein they are at present residing 
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
44363 Answers
2575 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

The legal heirs of the deceased owner of the property may mutually decide to relinquish their rights in the property in favor of anyone or more than one legal heir/co-sharer and execute a registered release deed accordingly.  This will be sufficient for the beneficiary to acquire the shares of co-sharers in the property and become a owner with marketable title. 
T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
34516 Answers
372 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

A relinquishment deed is to be executed by the mother and other daughters in favour of the fourth daughter. The stamp duty will have to be paid on the deed when it is presented for registration.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22966 Answers
631 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

They can do so by way of execution and registration of gift deed of deed of release. In both cases the deed attracts stamp duty and registration fees.
In most states such things happens in the office of registration where the property is situated.
Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
12536 Answers
161 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Hi, mother and daughters can execute release deed before the Jurisdictional Sub-Registrar office so that remaining daughter has become the absolute owner of the property.

Pradeep Bharathipura
Advocate, Bangalore
4530 Answers
202 Consultations

4.3 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer