• Is it legal to do college assignments in return for money?

I have been approached by Indian students doing their MBAs / MScs from universities in UK to do their college assignments and dissertations in return for money. 

These students spend a lot of time doing odd jobs to pay their fees which make it difficult for them to attend/concentrate in classes. Moreover the accent of teachers makes it difficult for them to understand what's being taught. All this results in their incompetency to do the assignments and hence approach external agencies for help.

My question is simple: Is it a legal offence to do this work? Am I breaking the law?

Kindly help me out.
Asked 2 years ago in Criminal Law from Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh
No, you are not breaking any law.
But never make it official that you have done this.
You are assisting the students to finalise the dissertation.
It depends on the institution and nature of the assignments and dissertations. it is a practice as the most of them are working and not having the language comfort. If caught they will be in trouble.
The answer to your question depends upon in which country are you going to do this.  Whether the laws of that country define such an act to be illegal and provides for its consequences?  If yes then certainly you are doing an illegal act.

Assuming that you are in India, I don't think helping any students in doing dissertations or college assignments is an offence in itself.  Whether you charge money for that or not is a matter of personal choice.

Aiding and helping in getting an assignment done is one thing, and completely doing it for them is another.  There is a vast difference in them.  In the first case the student will be applying his mind to the studies, whereas in the second case he will not be studying at all and will be merely buying a product from you.  I am afraid you may not be completely clean in second case.

Moreover if the rules of that course contain any provision to the effect that a student who does not do the assignments himself and gets it done through someone else and presents it as his or her own, then it would amount to illegality, then in such an eventuality you may be aiding and abetting the illegal act.

On moral count this may not be correct.  The whole purpose of the education will be defeated and you will be indirectly aiding in producing incompetent degree holders who in turn will affect the whole system and ultimately society.  Think again.  All the best.
1. It is perfectly legal for you to charge money as a quid pro quo from the students for doing their assignments and dissertations. In order to safeguard your rights enter into an agreement with the students before commencing to do this work. 

2. If you are based in India then you will be governed by the Indian law notwithstanding the fact that students whose assignments you will be doing are based in United Kingdom or other countries. Under the Indian law doing a work of this nature for money is absolutely legal.
1. It is not illegal to do an assignment given by a student to you against payment despite the fact that the said assignment was primarily given to the said student,

2. You can see it as if helping/teaching  the student in finalising his  college assignment on receipt of payment.
nothing left to add,