• Title deed change

1) My father constructed the house —1993
2) My Father passed away—2003---- (Death Certificate --Karnataka)
3) Later My Mother passed away —2023 (Death Certificate -Telangana, Hyderabad)
4)We are three brothers
5) Need to sell the house 
6) Legal heir certificate required 
7)We had not changed into Mothers name after death of Father (Title deed)
8) Need to seek the house 
9)Mother death in Telangana
10) Property at Karnataka--Need to sell the property
11) Family certificate from thasildar issued in Telanagana (Hyderabad) addressed to Bank of Baroda (for FD’s)
12) Can the above be used ? If not how to proceed to sell the house in a very non complex way
Asked 17 days ago in Property Law
Religion: Hindu

First answer received in 10 minutes.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

7 Answers

Apply for mutation of property in name of 3 brothers 


2) enclose death certificate of parents 


3) latest receipt of payment of property taxes 


4) affidavit of legal heirs 


4) legal heir certificate 


5) after mutation of property done in name of legal heirs then you can sell the house 

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
94692 Answers
7527 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. Based on the Legal Heirs Certificate issued by the Tahsildar, Telangana, you can obtain legal heirs certificate from the Karnataka Government.

2.  Based on the above, arrange to obtain Khatha Certificate from the jurisdictional revenue Office in Karnataka and sell the property.

Shashidhar S. Sastry
Advocate, Bangalore
5109 Answers
314 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

After the death of your parents, the property owned by your father automatically devolved on you and your two brothers equally, with each of you being entitled to a one-third undivided share. You need to obtain legal heirs certificates separately in respect your father and your mother. Depending on their respective place of death (according to their death certificates), you need to apply to the Revenue authority concerned (tehsildar) in that place. The one issued for bank deposit purpose is a specific one, and cannot satisfy the purpose of selling the property.

Swaminathan Neelakantan
Advocate, Coimbatore
2794 Answers
20 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

If the property was on your father's name and he is reported to have died at Bangalore as well as the property is situated in Bangalore, then you have to get a legal heirship certificate in respect of the legal heirs of your father at Bangalore only ,  

The family tree certificate issued by Tehsildar at Telangana may not be considered as legally valid document to transfer the property revenue records/khata  to your names from your deceased father's name. 

However the family tree certificate issued by Telangana state may come to your rescue to obtain legal heirship certificate form Bangalore.

After that all of you can jointly execute the registered sale deed in favor of the prospective buyer 

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
84893 Answers
2190 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

- As per law, after the demise of your father intestate , his property would be devolved upon all his legal heirs equally i.e. each brother will get 1/3rd share in the property 

- You can apply for getting mutation of the property in your all names after submitting the death certificate of parents including the title documents copy in the name of father. 

- Further, after mutation of the property , you can sell the property 

Mohammed Shahzad
Advocate, Delhi
13211 Answers
198 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1, The said legal heir certificate addressed to BOB states that your mother, you and your two brothers are the legal heirs of your deceased father.


2. Thereafter your mother expired and you have her death certificate.


3. The above two documents evidences that you three brothers are now the legal heirs of your deceased father and jointly own  the said house.


4. With the help of the above documents you three can jointly sell the said house.

Krishna Kishore Ganguly
Advocate, Kolkata
27219 Answers
726 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Yes it can be used 

Prashant Nayak
Advocate, Mumbai
31930 Answers
179 Consultations

4.1 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer