Property rights of girl child on her fathers property after divorce
My Sister was divorced in 2002. but before the divorce a female child was born in 2001. The Divorce was mutual and the judgement says that all dues are settled and no claims are pending from the wife's side.
Now can the Daughter (now aged 14) claim the property of her father/Grand father?
The Grand father dies some years back and as of now we do not know who owns the property. Initially the property was in the grand fathers name.
Asked 11 months ago in Property Law from New Delhi, Delhi
The grand daughter has no rights in the grandfather's self acquired or own property. Upon his intestate death his legal heirs shall acquire his properties.
If there was no arrngement made to give away some property by the father of the child to it during divorce, she cannot claim any property as a right now.
1) granddaughter has no right in self acquired property of grand father
2) on grandfather demise property would devolve on grandmother , father and his siblings
3) only if father dies intestate would daughter have share in property as legal heir
The daughter of divorced husband can claim for her maintenance as well. She better pray for monthly maintenance which is much easier and expeditious to get.
The claim in property is much complicated task which is done through partition suit which takes decades together to see final result.
1. Divorce does not terminate the legal relationship between children and parents under Hindu law. So the daughter of your sister can claim a share in the property of her grandfather through succession alone i.e if her father dies intestate and not otherwise.
2. During the lifetime of father the daughter has no share in his property.
3. Who owns the property can be ascertained by carrying out a title search of the property in the office of sub-registrar.
Hi, your daughter has every right to claim the share of the property of her father whether it is ancestral property.