• Mistakenly filled wrong details in application form

I applied for a State govt. job in 2012. I cleared first and second round of exams for the job. Interview round of the same is still (Nov-2015) pending due to a 'stay' in High Court due to paper leak incident. 

Recently, I was applying for some other exam and I observed that I mistakenly put the marks of 10th standard in place of 12th standard in that "2012 State govt. job application form". Rest of the details, like - year of passing, roll no. and subjects were correctly filled. Only the obtained marks column has wrong details. 

I was unaware of the same until now. However, while filling DAF (Detailed Application Form) for Interview round I have put correct details. 

Will it be considered a punitive act even though it was a mistake? Please advice further course of action? Thanks in advance.
Asked 2 years ago in Labour from Indore, Madhya Pradesh
1) you can during course of interview point out mistake committed by you while filling in the job application form 

2) you have duly rectified the mistake while filling in detailed application form for interview 

3) govt may not consider it as punitive act as you rectified mistake before interview 
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
44243 Answers
2568 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Nothing to worry, It was pure human error made inadvertently and without intention to cheat.
Since you have stated the actual mark in DAF the mistake made in first application becomes apparent and you need not loose sleep over this.
Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
12511 Answers
160 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. No punitive action will be taken against you for entering incorrect marks in the application form,

2. Your application/candidature will be rejected for giving incorrect information in the application form.
Krishna Kishore Ganguly
Advocate, Kolkata
18121 Answers
438 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You will be given a show cause notice for furnishing wrong details, that time you can explain the error that crept in without your knowledge and you cantender an apology for that, before that wait for the development and get prepared for further course of action. 
This is an error commmitted due to innocence and there has been not intention to give wrong and misleading information, hence ou can prepare a defence on the same lines when you have been summned to explain the reason. 
T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
34418 Answers
368 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You should file an affidavit to place on record the erroneous information which has been furnished by you. This will mitigate the punitive consequences which may ensure. 
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22966 Answers
631 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Hi, you have to inform the authority that the application was wrongly mentioned so request the authority pardon the same.
Pradeep Bharathipura
Advocate, Bangalore
4528 Answers
202 Consultations

4.3 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer