• Can illegal construction of temple in my society impact my apartment insurance

I am living in Saya Zion society in Greater Noida West. Where a group of people is doing a construction of temple without proper Authorization from society. 
Will this unauthorised construction can impact the insurance of my apartment in terms of any religious riot, unfavorable or not following the rules as per fire departments or any legal body which can be involved because in case I am going to claim for insurance amount I need to get NOC or report from some departments like Police Station or Fire Departments.
Asked 3 months ago in Constitutional Law

7 answers received in 1 day.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

7 Answers

You have not carried on any unauthorised construction in your apartment 


it will not impact your apartment insurance if any construction of temple is done in society grounds 

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
94965 Answers
7576 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

In my opinion, no isurance company will pay any claim if the damage be happened due to religious right. So, therefore, the religious place and insurance claim are unrelated to each other.

Raj Kumar Mishra
Advocate, Allahabad
172 Answers
2 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

Homeowners' & Renters' Insurance: Standard homeowners' and renters' policies will typically cover damage to the property including contents caused by a riot or civil commotion, vandalism, or malicious mischief. However, this coverage may be subject to exclusions such as vacancy of the property, usually over 60 days

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
85166 Answers
2222 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Dear Client,

In its recent Judgment Madras High Court Ruled that “victims of unauthorized Construction not only have the right to get the illegal construction razed, but they can also claim damages suffered due to such structure, by attaching the violator’s properties”. But there may be issues filing an insurance claim if your flat contains unpermitted construction that is against the terms and condition of the insurance policy, Insurance companies have the right to look into the circumstances and cause of any incident, including religious riots. Your claim may not be resolved if they discover that the unpermitted building caused damage or broke any safety regulations. And when filing a claim, insurance companies may require documentation and reports from relevant authorities, such as the police station or fire department.

Anik Miu
Advocate, Bangalore
9028 Answers
110 Consultations

4.7 on 5.0

- You can construct the temple in the place of society premises after passing the resolution in the GBM , and after obtaining permission from the local authorities.

- Hence, in case some disturbance in the society , the insurance company can refused to issue the claim . 

Mohammed Shahzad
Advocate, Delhi
13377 Answers
199 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. The agreement signed while insuring your flat is required to be perused for answering your question.


2. However, once the flat has been insured, the Insurance Company can not refuse payment incase of  any damage due to religious riot since religious riots can take place even without having any temple.

Krishna Kishore Ganguly
Advocate, Kolkata
27227 Answers
726 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

It can’t impact. You can disclose the said fact to insurance company 

Prashant Nayak
Advocate, Mumbai
32093 Answers
183 Consultations

4.1 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer