• What should I put as my present address on passport if I have given it on rent

Please note the house that is owned by Me in Bhandup I have given it on rent to someone else. I live with My aunty in Mulund. What address should I put as present address on My Passport. The address of the house that is owned by Me in Bhandup or the address of My aunty in Mulund. My old passport has got My actual address of Bhandup. It has expired more than 3 years ago and I need to go through police verification again. Will Police Verification be done at both the addresses? What address should I put as present address? I don't want to give any bribe to any police officer for the same.
Asked 3 months ago in Civil Law

Ask a question and receive multiple answers in one hour.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

8 Answers

You should mention address wherein you are presently staying with your aunt ie in Mulund as your present address 


your permanent address is Bhandup and temporary address is of Mulund 

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
94965 Answers
7576 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You have to give both your current address as well as permanent address.

The police verification will be carried out in both the address.

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
85166 Answers
2222 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You can mention your Bhandup address on the passport application. When police comes for verification, before coming to your place they will call on your cellphone. 

Ganesh Kadam
Advocate, Pune
12932 Answers
256 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

Dear Client, 

Address verification is not needed for any other accommodations the applicant may have had in the year prior to the application date. However, in order for police verification to take place, the applicant must provide the addresses of every place they have lived in the previous year. The passport will only bear the current address endorsement, not the permanent address. Both the permanent and current addresses will be verified by the police. No matter how long they have lived there, applicants must only present proof of residency for their current address. But on the passport application form, he or she needs to include a list of every place they have visited in the year prior (as of the application completion date).

Anik Miu
Advocate, Bangalore
9028 Answers
110 Consultations

4.7 on 5.0

you have to give the address where you are presently residing

so it will be the Mulund address

later on when your tenant vacates your Bhandup flat and you shift there, you can always apply for change of address 

Yusuf Rampurawala
Advocate, Mumbai
7539 Answers
79 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

- As per Passport rule , the present address is needed , and hence you will have to mention both the address for the renewal of the passport. 

- The verification can be done on the present address , however proof of residence is needed. 

- If you not having proof , then you should mention the Bhandup address being the owner of the property , and you can present there on the date of verification. 

Mohammed Shahzad
Advocate, Delhi
13377 Answers
199 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You can keep your rented house also and premanand also it depends on you

Prashant Nayak
Advocate, Mumbai
32093 Answers
183 Consultations

4.1 on 5.0

hello sir, 

you must put your current residential address while submitting the form or it be chance the your passport verification will be rejected.

Jayshankar Pandey
Advocate, Greater Mumbai
7 Answers

Not rated

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer