• How safe it is to invest in Siri Sampada Farm Lands

I got a mail recently saying I can invest in Siri Sampada Farm Lands by buying a plot of 121 Sq-yards in which they will plant 12 sandle wood trees. They say the land will be registered in my name and will be leased to them on legal terms for 15 years. After 15 years land will be mine and the income from sandle wood trees will be shared in 60:40 in my favor. 

I would like to know your opinion before investing in it. Are you aware of any similar/ more profitable investments.? How safe will my money be and what terms should I check with them before registration or signing lease agreements.?

Their official website is http://www.sirisampadafarms.com/
Asked 2 years ago in Property Law from Hyderabad, Telangana
Religion: Hindu
1)before making any investment it is better you make a site visit 

2)check the work being done on the site . 

3) the website mentions that each site will be monitored by CCTV cameras and have RFId chip planted on bark of each tree for security purposes . further guard dogs and trained security professionals will be carrying out 24 by 7 trained surevillance 

4)While Sandalwood trees in the wild require 35 to 40 years to grow and mature for high commercial value, trees that are given adequate irrigation facilities, fertilizers and care, require a period of 15 years to grow in commercial value. The Sandalwood tree is commercially viable after four years of growth but to enhance the returns, 15 year period is considered optimum.

5)your  returns would depend whether sandalwood trees can grow within the period of 15 years for commercial value 

6) get the agreement vetted by local lawyer before you sign .

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
45705 Answers
2688 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Hi, it is better you have to register the lease deed and proceed further and as far as investment is concerned we are not an investment consultant.
Pradeep Bharathipura
Advocate, Bangalore
4551 Answers
203 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

1. Before investing in any such joint venture one should conduct die diligence to ascertain the title of the land which he wishes to buy or invest in. The land to be purchased has to be unencumbered and beyond the pale of a pending dispute in any court of law. 

2. Most importantly, the agreement you will execute will be the foundation of your legal rights and obligations. So get a flawless agreement drafted by a lawyer.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22977 Answers
634 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Without checking the papers it's difficult to advise.
I would suggest you to engage a local lawyer who on perusal of the property papers would be in better place to advise on this issue.
Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
12884 Answers
166 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

It involves local laws  as well. i.e.,the farmland has not yet purchased the landed property, or it is in the liquid stage.  The Sampada has not mentioned who the landlord is and how will the property be registered on the investors' names whether by the landowner directly or by the Sampada?
Before investing in any such joint venture you should adopt due diligence, confirm the title of the  vendor selling the land in  which you desire invest.  Verify from the encumbrance certificate about the pending disputes or encumbrances.  
Verify the technical details for the returns assured by the company from an expert of the field before investing into it.
Get the agreement properly vetted by an experienced lawyer to confirm its genuineness. 
T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
35869 Answers
390 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. I have come across similar plantation projects/offers since last 10/15 years and and almost all have found to be frauds,

2. However, if you are still interested to take risk, get the property papers verified by a local lawyer and conduct a due diligence in connection with the project/property.
Krishna Kishore Ganguly
Advocate, Kolkata
18535 Answers
449 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer