• Gift deed

Respected Sir
we are four children's(myself male, rest three females) for our parents, two sister's are elders and one younger to me, in 2020 some property was given to me through GIFT DEED by my father and same was registered in sub registrar office of ANDHRA PRADESH. Is there any problem for this gift deed in future y my three sisters, please give advice sir.

thanking you
Asked 10 months ago in Property Law
Religion: Hindu

First answer received in 10 minutes.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

11 Answers

I presume it is self acquired property of your father 


2) if so he could have executed gift deed in your favour 


3) even if sisters file suit to set aside gift deed they may  not suceed 


4) suit has to be filed within period of 3 years of execution of gift deed 

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
94965 Answers
7576 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

If the property were to be your father's self acquired property, then the registered Gift Deed executed by him in your favour is legally valid and even if your three sisters challenge it in a court of law, they may not succeed.

Shashidhar S. Sastry
Advocate, Bangalore
5164 Answers
314 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

It depends upon circumstances of the case. Your sisters have every right to challenge gift if they so wish. 

Siddharth Srivastava
Advocate, Delhi
1256 Answers

5.0 on 5.0

If the property is not your great grandfather's (Mutthaatha) , then no issues. But if that's an ancestral property, your sisters will have stake. Your sisters will not cause you problem, be a good brother always ;)

Srikanth Chintala
Advocate, Hyderabad
19 Answers

Not rated

If the property gifted by your father is his self-acquired one, there is no issue at all. No one else can claim it.

Swaminathan Neelakantan
Advocate, Coimbatore
2823 Answers
20 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

If it was your father's self acquired property, then he can take any decision about his property tor transfer the same in favor of anyone as per his choice, your sisters cannot challenge the same because this transfer was done by your father during his lifetime and when he was in a sound mental health

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
85166 Answers
2222 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

If it was your father’s self acquired then it’s not an issue

Prashant Nayak
Advocate, Mumbai
32093 Answers
183 Consultations

4.1 on 5.0

No. You are absolute owner. 

Yogendra Singh Rajawat
Advocate, Jaipur
22671 Answers
31 Consultations

4.4 on 5.0

- Since, your father has registered the gifted deed in your favour , the by way of that deed you become the owner for the same, as once Gift deed executed , it cannot cancelled without Court Order. 

- It means that your father is only have right to cancel the gift deed after filing a suit before the court 

- Hence, after the demise of your father , none of other legal heirs having righto to challenge the said gift deed on any ground. 

Mohammed Shahzad
Advocate, Delhi
13377 Answers
199 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Dear Client,

As the property in question was self-acquired by your father, he possesses the absolute right to make decisions regarding its transfer to anyone of his choice. Since this transfer occurred during his lifetime and while he was of sound mental health, it is legally valid and cannot be challenged by your sisters.


Anik Miu
Advocate, Bangalore
9028 Answers
110 Consultations

4.7 on 5.0


Your sisters may claim a share. It is upon mutual understanding whether you want to give them a share, but once a property received as gift you may not get a chance to transfer. The clauses of the Gift deed must be perused.




Neema Sharma
Advocate, Kolkata
6 Answers

Not rated

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer